Chapter 1: The Early Sunrise

Chase awoke to a beautiful sunrise. He rolled over and looked at his clock, realizing it was too early for the sun to be up. He got out of bed and walked to his window. The sunrise was actually a Pokemon! And he was battling! Chase recognized the move as solar beam, for
even though he was 6, he had been studying Pokemon for years.

Chase dreamed of the day he'd turn ten, and be able to start the journey of a Pokemon Trainer! The Pokemon using solar beam was a Petilil, and it was battling a Cubchoo. Chase knew that Cubchoo had the upper hand, because ice types like Cubchoo were super effective if used against grass types (like Petilil).

The solar beam was doing nothing but making Cubchoo squint. "Cubchoo, use ice beam." Chase recognized that voice! It was the world famous Pokemon Trainer Drago Metora! In his village! Chase opened his bedroom window, climbed out (he was on the first floor) and ran over to Drago. "Mister Drago! Mister Drago!" he shouted. Drago turned away from the battle, knowing he had already won.

"What do you want?" he said in a calm tone, his voice like a cello being played. "Mister Drago, I'm your biggest fan! Can you give me some advice on how you battle?"

"Well, I don't give out secrets to just anyone," Drago said. "But I can spill something for my number one fan. My advice to you is-"

"Hey Drago! Your Pokemon's down!" said Drago's opponent. "You gonna keep goin or what!"

Sure enough, Drago's Cubchoo was sprawled out on the ground, out cold. "Hmmm..." Drago was in thinking deeply. "Cubchoo isn't down. None of your Petilil's moves are strong enough." Sure enough, Cubchoo stood up and, at his master's command, used Blizzard. A powerful snowstorm appeared over the battlefield. Petilil, knocked down by the strong wind, tried to stand up, but the storm was too much for the little Pokemon. "Finish him," said Drago, with a strange look on his face that 6 year old Chase didn't understand. Cubchoo focused the blizzard's power into a sphere in his hands. He shot the ball of ice at Petilil, and it exploded on impact, blowing Petilil off the arena, and over the roof of Chase's house!

"Petilil!" cried the legend's opponent. "What have you done to my Petilil!" He ran off, crying, to find his loyal Pokemon. "Do whatever it takes to win the battle. That's my advice to you." Then, with a swish of his coat, Drago walked away from the village and out of sight, leaving young Chase stunned.

******************************************Chase lay awake that night. He had replayed the scene that occurred that morning in his head over and over. Something about that look on Drago's face bothered him. It was like he was debating if he should blow Petilil away. Giving up on sleep, he yet again climbed out his window, and started walking down Route 8. He was deep in thought when he saw something moving in the tall grass. Being a Pokemon lover, he had to see what it was.

As he tip-toed closer, the Pokemon stopped moving. Suddenly, the seemingly small Pokemon reared up and roared, revealing its true height. The Pokemon was nearly two stories high and had huge wings. Just as fast as the Pokemon reared up, it suddenly disappeared...