Chapter 3: The PokeChasers!

As they started walking down Route 1, Sierra properly introduced herself to Chase.

"I don't believe we've formally met. I'm Sierra N. Caroline."

"I'm Chase H. Zecrome."

"Zecrome? Really?"

"I blame my grandma."

"How long have you been waiting for this day?"

"Ever since I heard the word Pokemon. My mom said the moment could drive, I could begin my Pokemon journey."

"My mom said the same thing. I turned 16 just this morning."

"Really? I did too!"

"That's weird. So, why'd you get Oshawott? It was completely ignoring you."

"Well, the one time it turned around, I saw a fire in his eye. It's like he was daring me to pick him."

They walked in silence for a little while before a wild Lillipup ran across their path.

"What's that?" Sierra asked Chase. "It looks so cute!"

"Meh," Chase said. "It's better later on in its evolved forms. I wish I could catch one."

Sierra looked at him weirdly and Chase remembered he was a trainer now! "Oh, yeah. Go Oshawott!"

His new partner appeared with a flash. The Oshawott sat down with its back turned.

"Use Tackle!"

The Pokemon just sat there.

"C'mon! Do something!"

Oshawott got up and used Water Gun on Chase.

"Really?" Chase said as Sierra stifled a giggle.

*******************************************

They walked down the road in silence until they reached a fork in the path. "Well, I guess this is it" Sierra looked at Chase. "I'm taking the shortcut to Route 3"

"Well, see you around then."

And so they went there separate ways... for about five seconds. Chase turned around and saw Sierra running to catch up with him. "We can't split up. We got our Pokemon at the same time! It's like we're destined to journey together! Besides, if you want to catch anything you'll obviously need my help!"

"So I'm stuck with you then."

"Yep."

*****************************************

"You know, if we're going to stick together, we need a team name," Sierra said. She and Chase were nearing the end of the route. "You know, just something catchy and easy to remember. Maybe PokePals?"

"No, that's lame. Sounds like something out of a kid's book. How about The Awesome Pokemon Chaser and his Sidekick!"

"And you thought PokePals was lame. How about PokeChasers?"

"Perfect. So are we going to have a leader or wha-"

"Hey look! Buildings!"

The PokeChasers had arrived at the end of Route 1, and in front of them was the beautiful Accumula Town!

*******************************************