A "Normal" Day

Y/N's POV:
'People can be real shitty sometimes' I thought as I got pushed into the lockers by Ally. I can't fight back because I might put her in the hospital from all the pent-up rage she's given me over the years she's been bullying me. I just listened to her shit insults and pushed past her and went to music class, but when I got there I saw the teacher talking to a boy with Black hair and a scar on his cheek, it looked fresh against his tan face. I walked into class and took my seat, still looking at the tan boy whom I've never seen before. 'Must be a transfer student' I thought and looked away, looking at the teacher as she walked up to the front of the class and started talking about our project that was due today. I did mine as soon as I got it so I didn't look like half the class, then again music is the only class I do well in. Ms. Rose asked for a volunteer to come up to present our project so I raised my hand to go first and she picked on me since I was the only one to raise my hand.
"Now I gave you all a month to do this project so I expect you to have done it like Y/N did," Ms. Rose said as I went to the piano in the corner of the room, "you can begin now Y/N." I nodded and started playing the song I wrote for the project on the piano.

"When did I become so numb?
When did I lose myself?
All the words that leave my tongue
Feel like they came from someone else

I'm paralyzed
Where are my feelings?
I no longer feel things
I know I should
I'm paralyzed
Where is the real me?
I'm lost and it kills me inside
I'm paralyzed

When did I become so cold?
When did I become ashamed? (oh)
Where's the person that I know?
They must have left
They must have left
With all my faith

I'm paralyzed
Where are my feelings?
I no longer feel things
I know I should
I'm paralyzed
Where is the real me?
I'm lost and it kills me inside
I'm paralyzed

I'm paralyzed
I'm scared to live but I'm scared to die
And if life is pain then I buried mine a long time ago
But it's still alive
And it's taking over me where am I?
I wanna feel something, I'm numb inside
But I feel nothing, I wonder why
And on the race of life time passes by
Look
I sit back and I watch it, hands in my pockets
Waves come crashing over me but I just watch 'em
I just watch 'em
I'm under water but I feel like I'm on top of it
I'm at the bottom and I don't know what the problem is
I'm in a box
But I'm the one who locked me in
Suffocating and I'm running out of oxygen, whoo!

I'm paralyzed
Where are my feelings?
I no longer feel things
I know I should
I'm paralyzed
Where is the real me?
I'm lost and it kills me inside

I'm just so paralyzed
Yeah, I'm just so paralyzed
I have no feelings
Oh how come I'm not moving why aren't I moving ay yeah
I'm paralyzed
Where is the real me, where is the real me?
I'm paralyzed, I'm paralyzed
I'm paralyzed"

I finished my song and stood up from the piano bench, looking at everyone clapping especially New Boy. I took my seat and the clapping died down, I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around and saw New Boy.
"Hi, I'm Casey, Casey Jones. I was wondering if I could sit with you at lunch, oh by the way your song was as beautiful as you and your voice." said Casey, winking. I smirked,
"Flattery ain't gonna work with me, Jones, but yeah you can sit with me. I don't have any friends to sit with anyway, so you can be my first." I said smiling. It was two years ago when I met my best friend, Casey Jones, and that's how we stayed: best friends. Now, we're Freshmen at Roosevelt High School. My parents died at the end of eighth grade so I moved in with Casey's family, we just recently moved to New York.

"Casey! Where's my phone?!" I yelled as I walked down the stairs to Casey, who was lazily flopped on the couch, channel-surfing. I put my hand in my hoodie pockets and started messing with my keys.
"I'll call it, hold on." Casey pulled out his phone and unlocked it, then he called it and I felt a vibration on my hand. I grabbed the thing that was making that uncomfortable buzzing on my hand and pulled out my phone.
"Oh, never mind, Case! It was in my pocket, now go get ready, we have to get to school soon." he groaned and got off the couch, then sluggishly walked up the stairs. I connected my headphones and played my music, singing along quietly. Casey walked back down the stairs so I got up and grabbed my bag, then tossed Casey's his, I grabbed my knife and tucked it into my pocket. We then headed out the door and went to school, I pulled out the earbuds Casey and I shared and disconnected my headphones, then I plugged in the earbuds and handed one to Casey, who put it in his ear and I put on the song I wrote in eighth grade. We smiled at each other and sang along, Casey threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer in a side hug, I leaned against him, he really was like the brother I never had. We got to the school and people instantly started whispering about us, I rolled my eyes and Casey let go of me.
"I got to get to my first class, see ya, sis!" he said as he quickly kissed my forehead and ran off to his locker. We had already gotten our locker info and schedules in the mail so all I had to do was find my locker. Unlike Casey I didn't care about being late to class, I just care about not being late to school, cause that's where I can cause the most trouble and if I'm late it means less time to do so. I smirked as I found my locker and opened the door. I taped my schedule to my locker door and looked at my first class and I smiled when I saw what it said: music class. I walked down the hall to the classroom and saw that Casey was walking into the same class as I was, at least we have one class together. I walked in and sat next to Casey, I was very tired so I was hoping the teacher wasn't as peppy as some of the other teachers I've met here so far, I stayed up late last night because Casey thought it would be a good idea to have a movie night on a school night.
"Hello class! My name is Mrs. Anora, your music teacher for the year, and I hope your ready to write some songs!" she said, cheerily. I sighed, she is one of those teachers, I rested my head on Casey's shoulder and just stared out the window whilst listening to Mrs. Anora. She said something about a music contest and I perked up, Casey laughed quietly, I elbowed him in a playful way.
"You'll have two months to come up with original lyrics and music. I'll give you time to work on it in class, and before you ask, yes you can work with a partner, just one though." Mrs. Anora explained, I locked arms with Casey the instant I heard 'partners'. Casey laughed at my instant decision of who my partner was, even though he knew that it was gonna be him.
"We have some new students today, would you two like to come up and introduce yourselves?" Mrs. Anora asked, Casey went up but I stayed silent and in my seat, waiting for my pillow-brother to come back, I put my feet up on the desk not caring about the glare Mrs. Anora gave me.
"Sup, I'm Casey Jones, the girl that's sitting next to me is my sister, Y/N Jones." Casey said in his usual cocky manner, I glared at him, I really didn't want to be known on the first day we were there. I smirked as I put my hand up in a rock sign, my hand went down as quickly as it had come up and Casey went back to his seat. I rested against him once more as I waited for the bell to ring.

An Hour Later

The bell finally rang and I stood up, gathered my things, and ran out of the class with Casey. We decided to not go to English class because we were in advanced English all throughout middle school, and I mean advanced, like seniors-in-high-school level advanced. We went to the field and behind the bleachers to work on our song for music, we finished pretty quickly though so I decided I would work on my self-defense while Casey would just listen to music. I stood up and went to the field where I could really practice, I went to the starting line of the track course and set a stop-watch-timer, I started it and took off. I ran around the medium-length track three times before stopping to catch my breath, I picked up my phone and stopped the timer and to look at how much time had passed and I was shocked; the timer read thirty-three seconds,
"Casey, you should come look at this!" I called. He immediately ran over,
"What's wrong, sis?" he asked, worried.
"I just finished running around the entire track course three times, look at the timer." I said, I've never been this fast before. I'm a good marathon runner, but I'm no sprinter,
"Woah, when did you get so fast?" he asked as he gently took the phone from my hands. I shrugged my shoulders,
"I don't know, Casey, remember what I told you? I ain't a sprinter, I'm a marathoner." I said, still confused, "It doesn't matter, come on, science starts soon and we aren't as good with science as we are with English." Casey nodded and handed my phone back to me, then went and grabbed our bags. I stood there until he came back, then we went to science class.