Early Presents

The turtles kept pestering Leo and me about how we knew each other, but I just ignored them. Leo was starting to get uncomfortable with all the attention, though.
"Leo, come on dude! Just tell us how you know her." Raph was persistent in finding out the answer, but it was starting to annoy me and I was getting even more tense with every word he said- to the point where I was gonna blow. Leo noticed and discreetly squeezed my hand, silently telling me to calm down.
"Ask Casey or April. Y/N and I just wanna hang out with each other right now, ok?" Leo was trying to be calm, but the grip on my hand was getting tighter.
"It's not that hard, just tell us how you guys met or something like that! Like seriously, you're acting like you haven't seen each other in years."
"Raph's right, Leo. Just tell us how you know each other and we'll leave you guys alone. I've already met her but I didn't know you both hung out together. When did this happen?" Donnie agreeing wasn't calming me down. I got up and walked up to the three turtles. Mikey backed up, not wanting to be apart of my rampage.
"Listen. Leo and I have been friends for months, and if he hasn't told you by now anything about me then it's probably because hanging out with me is an escape from his normal life outside of meditation. So please, listen to him for once and leave us alone. The last time we hung out other than earlier this afternoon was about three weeks ago, and the time left before Casey and I gotta go home is limited because of your ignorance." I snapped at them before turning around and going to the kitchen to grab my phone, which I had left with Casey when I went to go sit on the couch.
"Hey, Case, what time is it?" I asked, stepping into the kitchen only to see a petrified Casey. He handed me my phone and my face paled. 20 missed calls from Dad.
"Shit! Come on Casey we gotta go! Bye Leo, see ya' around!" I screamed as we ran out of the Lair. Casey and I ran all the way home, Leo had called me multiple times but I was way to scared of my dad to care.
"Oh we are so dead. Why'd you have to follow Raph, why couldn't you have just stayed home? Or have been at park or something!" I screamed at Casey as we ran to the front door.
"I had a rivalry I had to finish with him, Y/N! Besides, their home would've been discovered if we hadn't gone." Casey had a point, I sighed and rubbed my temples.
"Whatever, just be prepared to play along with my excuse." Casey nodded and we walked through the door. I gulped as our father stared at us from the living room chair, he was reading the paper 'probably gonna use it to whack me for not getting his son home quick enough' I thought to myself grimly.
"And where have you been? Y/N, you went to go pick up Casey from the park nearly three hours ago! What have you been doing?" he screamed. I looked him in the eye and spoke.
"We're sorry, Dad. We got jumped on the way home from Mr. Murakami's by some Purple Dragons and they nearly killed Casey. I managed to deflect the blow but I got knocked in the head and nearly passed out. I managed to not do that, as you can see, and Casey and I kicked their asses." I nodded at Casey and he nodded back before continuing.
"Yeah, Y/N saved my life, Dad. Please, if we didn't get jumped we would've been home way earlier. Now where's Lily? I haven't seen her all day." Casey smiled at our father and he sighed.
"Lily's in Y/N's room, probably doing something coding related." Lily had always loved technology and coding, anything having to do with that sort of stuff, really. Casey and I walked into my room to see our 10 year old sister passed out on my desk, sleeping soundly as the program she was coding was still open. Recently she had been working on a music platform website musicians all around the world to work together on different genres of music and such. Casey and I were both really proud of her, she was the smartest kid in her class and she was really making a difference just by being herself. Dad, however, wasn't too keen on the idea of her, in his own words, "wasting her talents on something so unnecessary". Casey chuckled and went over to pick her up, I walked over and shut off the computer after saving her progress. Casey walked out with Lily in his arms and I closed the door.
"Time to work on my project." I muttered. For the past few months I had been working on new weapons for April, Leo and his brothers. Leo had told me enough about them for me to know, even Splinter was getting one. April's wasn't too hard to make, I just took the design of her tessen fan and re-colored it, she just loves her current one I couldn't just ruin it completely, it would crush her heart. I had seen Splinter's staff enough times from both my visit and the pictures I had requested from Leo. I pulled out the nunchucks and paint for Mikey's and continued on the paint job for them.

Adding the finishing touches on the nunchucks I put them to dry by a small controlled fire I created. I then went to Donnie's new bo staff and added the wrapping for it, the beautiful purple wood I had gotten from a lumberyard seemed to shine in the pale moonlight.
"Alright, wrappings all secure and correct. Time for Raph's new sais." I mumbled, pulling out the black-bladed twin sais I had crafted along with the red rubber guards that would soon be on the handles of the weapons. I delicately slipped on the guard of the first one and started to secure the metal spirals binding it to the handle. I repeated the process with the other one and set the newly finished sais to the side. I checked on the nunchucks and the paint was dry, so I diminished the flames and put the weapons in their respective boxes. I pulled out Splinter's new staff and started fixing little smudges on the Japanese symbols for his name, and the name of the staff. I put the staff away, and pulled out April's tessen, the metal shining in the dim light. I pulled out the soft yellow paint and went to work, stroking the brush softly along the slim metal creating a satisfying feeling of happiness. Quickly finishing I used a soft wind to dry the paint as I pulled out the most prized weapon. It's not the most prized because it's Leo's, but because it's taken the most time to make. Finding out when the krangg would open up portals to Dimension-X and sneaking in to grab the required metal was the toughest thing I've ever had to do, but it was worth it, seeing as I was able to get enough of it to make one of the most important persons in my life something beautiful and practical for him. The blue metal glowed in my presence and the particles started to float around, reacting with the rest of the weapons. I took a deep breath and soothed the weapons back to their normal inanimate bodies. I quickly polished the katana's blade and checked the hilt for any jagged edges that could cut skin. Finding nothing harmful, I smiled as I put the weapons in separate boxes and wrapped them up. I had finished my project almost a month ahead of schedule and now I had to wait for Christmas before I could give it to them. I couldn't wait to see their faces, I can only imagine Mikey's excited shouts and Donnie's amazed eyes as he tried to figure out what wood his staff was made from. I checked the time to see it was nearing midnight, and decided to go to sleep, so as I walked over to my dresser I pulled out a clean set of clothes. Stripping, I put my sewer-stenched clothes in the hamper before changing, deciding to shower in the morning, and flopping into my bed and fighting the pile of blankets before getting comfortable. I quickly fell asleep, and for the first time in a long time, I was genuinely happy.