Sparring With A Dork

Y/N

I found Casey in the ice rink surrounded by footbots, looking like he was having fun beating the batteries out of them. I let him have his fun while surveying in the shadows just in case, but April burst through the doors a few seconds after he finished bashing the bots.

"Casey!" she yelled, hugging him in the process. My brother smiled sheepishly at her as he hugged back, looking around for something.

"Heya, Red. Sorry, I didn't mean to run off like that, but Casey Jones needed to fight those robots alone." he said with a smirk, causing me to roll my eyes. Suddenly, a huge wave of sadness rolled over me, but it wasn't from me. I looked around to see Donatello surveying in the rafters as I was, he looked heartbroken. I quietly made my way over to him and patted his shoulder once I was close enough. He flinched at first but settled down when he realized it was me.

"They're not dating if that's what you want to know. I know my brother better than anyone, he'd tell me if he had a girlfriend. But that doesn't mean he won't try to get her, so make a move soon, or Casey will." I whispered before jumping off of the rafters and joining my brother and friend. I hugged Casey from behind causing him to scream like a little girl who saw a tarantula. We all laughed and walked out of the ice rink to take April home before I went to the gym, seeing as it was on the way to her apartment.

As we arrived at the gym I bid April and Casey goodbye and entered the closed building. I have a spare key because I work here, so the owner let's me come in after closing time to practice my powers, except he doesn't know I have them, I just use ninjutsu as my excuse. The gym soon came into view and I parted ways with the other two.
"I'll see ya at home, Case. April, if you're spending the night go ahead and borrow a pair of my PJ's. See you guys later." I saluted them before unlocking the gym doors and going in. I locked them up again and headed to my corner, the most training dummies were there, just waiting to be punched or hit. I started punching and let everything out when I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I whipped around and socked them in the face, hearing a pained grunt. I looked at who I hit only to see Leo holding his face in pain. My eyes widened as I rushed to his side, my magic starting to flare due to my worry.

"Oh my sweet goongala! Leo, are you ok?" I asked touching his cheek, healing it instantly. My ears and tail popped out of hiding as I checked him for anymore serious injuries.

"I am now. I didn't know you were a mutant, Y/N. We didn't cause this did we, my brothers and I, I mean." he asked slowly reaching up to touch my ears. I shrugged, enjoying the feeling of being pet.

"I don't know, I was mutated when I was really young and my parents abused me my whole life for it, even before. They died a few years back and now I live with my adoptive family, April's a friend of my brother so she hangs around with him a lot." Leo looked at me with sympathy and confusion.

"Aren't you friends with April, too? I mean, she introduced you to me and Donnie earlier, too bad you didn't get to meet the rest of my brothers, I think you and Mikey could get along pretty well." Leo's question made me tense.

"We're friends, we just don't hang out one-on-one very often. We're pretty different, personality wise anyway. She's pretty girly, like, she actually willingly goes shopping for clothes and stuff, and she has fun doing it. I like to practice my fighting techniques, watch wrestling with my brother, and avoid going shopping at all costs." I cringed at the thought of going shopping while Leo chuckled.

"Y/N, I have a quick question. Do you like Space Heroes?" the turtle's eyes widened in anticipation. I shrugged, making a so-so gesture with my hand.

"I watched it when I was younger because of all the violence in it, so I guess it's cool." Leo squealed at my response before coughing awkwardly.

"We should totally watch it together some time!"

"Sure, sounds like fun. Now I have a question for you." I agreed with Leo because I didn't wanna break his heart, it seemed like he adored the show. Leo looked at me confused.

"Uh, sure. What's the question?" I smirked.

"Wanna spar? You seem like you know ninjutsu so I just thought I'd ask." while I was speaking Leo lit up in excitement.

"Sure! Do you know any advance moves or are you a-AHH!" before the poor turtle could finish his sentence I had already shocked him and flipped him onto the floor, pinning him there.

"I ain't no beginner, son! Now come one, get up and let's spar." I laughed as Leo got to his feet, blushing. He nodded and took out one of his katanas while I smirked.

"Don't you have a weapon?" Leo asked, very confused. I nodded and shrugged.

"I do but I just don't feel like using it, I can just use my magic if things start to get out of paw." I said, demonstrating my lightning to illuminate the dark room. Leo made an 'oh shit' face before looking at me with a determined glare.

"Bring it on, Wolfie." he said, smirking.

Leo charged at me, blade in hand, while I just stood there. As soon as he was about to swing I flipped backwards onto some dummies, sprung myself off of them, and over Leo. I managed to swipe his other katana as well. The turtle turned around in shock, looking at me swing his blade around with precision and grace. While Leo was distracted I charged at him and made it seem like I was gonna swing, which he was prepared to counter, but at the last second I knocked him off balance with the sword. Leo fell over and I stood there, holding his other katana in my other hand, while pinning him to the ground with the one I stole earlier. I smirked and dropped the swords at my feet before offering a hand to him.

"Well that was fun, Dork, but I gotta get home, but before I do that gimme your arm," I spoke up, snapping Leo from his trance, and he complied and gave me his arm. I took my 'emergency sharpie' as Casey liked to call it, and wrote on his arm.

"This is my number, call me so we can arrange that Space Heroes thing." and with that sentence said I walked over to my stuff, grabbed it, and left without another word.