Bird Bitch

"Y/N!" I shot awake, bashing my head against someone else's. I groaned in pain as I held my sore head and looked up to see Mikey in the same position I was in. I shook off the pain and stood up before helping Mikey, and looked around to see nobody else was here.

"Where're the others?" I asked, casually. Mikey smiled at me as he let go of his head.

"They're outside, training, even Leo! I'm so happy he's getting better!" the childish turtle exclaimed. I smiled, but that soon turned to a frown as I remembered last night's events. Mikey must have noticed because his smile also went down, and he placed a three fingered hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" he asked, innocently. I shook my head as I regained my smile, albeit being fake, and waved my hands.

"Nothing, Mikey, just remembering things from long ago that I had hoped I'd forgotten." I said. The turtle nodded before going to the kitchen as I went outside only to see Raph about to punch the bottom of Leo's foot. I reached out a hand to stop them but it was too late, Raph's hand had already made contact with the foot, and I heard the bones shift as Leo fell to the ground, screaming in pain. I rushed over to him and began inspecting the damage as Donnie tried to keep Leo calm.

"Holy shit, I thought I set them! What have you been doing, Leo?" I yelled as I prepared to set the bones in his leg again. Donnie noticed and covered Leo's mouth as I did so, and Leo's muffled screams notified Mikey, who ran out of the house and over to his oldest brother. I noticed Leo crying and wiped his tears before standing up and dragging Raph off to the barn so I could talk to him.

"Raph, he's not completely healed! You have to be more careful, and thanks to your recklessness Leo's healing is gonna take eight more weeks!" I yelled. The red-clad turtle flinched as he looked away from me. I grabbed his face and made him look at me.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, I was just so excited to have Leo back in training that I forgot about the reason he was out of it in the first place. I didn't mean to hurt him, I was just-" I covered his mouth and he stopped talking, looking at me.

"Raph, hey it's ok. The bones are set again, but I can't do that much more. If I have to set the bones too many more times Leo might not have control over his leg. Some kind of weird medical thing, I guess, I just remember Donnie telling me about it once." I said, he nodded as I uncovered his mouth. Raph started to walk away but I grabbed his hand, making the turtle turn to me with annoyance in his facial expression.

"Raph, I wanted to talk to you about last night." I started. He looked angry at the mention as he ripped his hand from mine.

"Well I don't, you obviously don't return the feelings and-" as he started his rant I felt the tears coming. I grabbed his plastron and kissed him, making him stop talking as I pulled away, the faint taste of pizza on my lips.

"Raph, the reason I freaked out was because you asked me if I loved you just like my dead best friend. He was shot and killed right in front of me by my own parents, who I quickly returned the favor to, and when I was backing away from you it was because his face was flashing over yours. I'm sorry that I upset you, but know that I want nothing more than to be with you. I love you, Raph, I can't live without you." I said before I pulled him into another kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his arms around my waist, holding me there as he kissed me back, lovingly. We pulled away, blushing, and rested our foreheads against each other's, smiling.

"I love you." we said, simultaneously. We laughed and hugged each other, feeling at peace as I listened to the short turtle's heart beat.

"So, uh, will ya' be mine?" he asked, shyly. I kissed his beak and smiled at him, earning a smile in return. Suddenly, there was a yell from Mikey, and we both rushed to greet the noise, only to see a giant worm looking bird-fish fighting the others, who were trying to protect Leo and April.