Chapter 8: Captured

De'Asia 'Dee' Sage

 I was currently sitting in my hotel room's body mirror, taking mirror selfies

I was currently sitting in my hotel room's body mirror, taking mirror selfies. I'd much rather be at home but this the only home I have as of right now.

It's as much of a home as I can get with the money I had saved and I honestly don't know when I'm going to go to my actual home again. It's been a week since I been home and I'm sure my Moma is worried sick about me.

Once I was finished lounging around in my hotel room, I decided to get up and get ready to go to my dinner for the beta club. The school was paying for it and since I'm the club president, it's a requirement that I be there.

After 20 minutes of deciding on what I wanted to wear, I finally put my outfit together. It wasn't much but it wasn't was nothing either.

It would be something my mother would want me to wear, rather than me wanted to wear this but since there's been a slight boost in my confidence I'll consider wearing it.

My mind started to drift back to my Moma and Donte and what they could be doing at the moment.

Coming here this past week made me realize a lot of things.

Things aren't as complicated as they usually are because I don't have to clean up behind anybody but myself and since I have a serious problem with things being dirty, that's not a problem.

I can take as much time as needed in the restroom and not rush myself and the list goes on.

When I first got here, I spend the night thinking about what I could say to them whenever I went back home but then I realized that I'd been threw over the edge a little and needed to relax my mind for the a couple of days.

I got here Sunday night and pampered myself all day Monday by getting my nails, feet, and hair done. Both my nails and toes were painted a light pink color and my hair was currently flat ironed.

I dedicated all of Tuesday to my hygiene, making sure everything was good with myself. I scheduled my monthly check up with my dentist, dermatologist, and etc. Thankfully, everything was in tact.

Wednesday, I just slept, watching movies, and stuffing my face with junk food.

Yesterday, which was Thursday, I went shopping for new clothes.

Today, I went to the spa earlier and got a well needed massage, a few facials, and more. Now, I feel like the white people in the soap commercials feel, happy, rejuvenated, and full of life.