Chapter 18: In Hiding

Skylar 'Sky' Redfin
I sat at the kitchen table and looked through the photos that were just faxed over to me from my manager. Smiling at the work, I sat back and sipped some coffee as Pluto came and jumped on my lap.

"Hi boy!" I greeted Pluto which made him more excited. He licked my face over and over while his paws sat on my shoulders.

I laughed and gently pushed him off of me before standing to my feet, heading to my room to make sure I had all of my things together but stopped when something caught my attention in Dee's room.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I stepped towards it but stopped once I seen her walk up to whatever it was that caught my attention and grab it. She looked at it sighing before putting it back down on the bed, and began putting her hair up into a ponytail.

She noticed me through her mirror and I quickly walked in, trying to play it off as if I were already fixing to walk in. She quickly grabbed the picture and put it away before I could see anything, then greeted me.

"Wassup'?" She asked me. I shrugged and smirked a little before rubbing my arm.

"Nothing just bored," I blandly stated. She nodded and grabbed her textbook before sitting on the bed.

"Yeah me too," she said grabbing her notebook, pen, and highlighters. I stared at her big brown eyes, her soft light skin, and her beautiful body. She was breathtaking, truly beautiful beyond words.

"What?" She snapped me away from my thoughts. I blushed and shook my head under her intense gaze before standing to my feet.

"Are you okay? You acting weird as hell right now," Dee chuckled nervously before blinking thousands of times. I sensed that she was hiding something and it made me wonder but not for long, because she started to squint which made me shift uncomfortably.

"I don't mean to, I-I just..." I face palmed myself for stuttering then continued. "I just was bored and came to see what you were up to,"

"Oh," She examined my face closely before squinting again.

"Why yo' face so red? Fuck you doing? Holdin' yo breath?" She asked chuckling. I giggled at her joke and shifted uncomfortably again as she bit her lip.

"I'm gonna go to my room," I said before turning to walk away but she stopped me.

"Give me a hug guh'," she insisted. I blushed yet again and reached in for a hug. She patted my back a few times before letting me go.

I looked at her and sighed before turning to walk out. "Hey, Sky?"

I quickly turned around. "Yeah?"

"Those people in the private section, did they say anything about me when I walked away? You were their waitress so I figured you knew and I was just wondering," she stated with curiosity obviously evident in her voice.

"No they didn't say anything about you, they were just eating and talking about what seemed like their son," I informed. Dee smiled slightly then nodded.

"Alright thanks," she said and I nodded and walked away.

I rushed into my room when I heard my phone ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey sis, how you been?" I heard my big brother over the phone.

"I've been alright, where are you? Are you down here?" I asked him excitedly.

Me and him grew up in separate homes but we were always really close. We stayed in touch a lot, especially while we were in school. He was always there when I need to talk to somebody or wanted to do something that was completely illegal and stupid.