Chapter 12: Still Down

Lucas Coly

I was currently at the hospital with Dee

I was currently at the hospital with Dee. I was sitting beside her bed with her hand in mine and she was sleeping peacefully.

She had just gotten out of surgery a few hours ago and they had her on some type of medication that made her sleep for hours so I knew she'd be sleep until tomorrow morning.

Since everything happen, she's been in the hospital. They were doing everything they could to get her health back to where it was before she attempted to kill herself.

The doctors told me that she responded as she was supposed to during surgery and everything going how it needs to, but it doesn't seem like she's getting better.

I've been paying attention to her and how she functions when she's up and awake. She tries to be happy but it's like her vibe is off.

I try to get her to talk to me about everything but she always pushes me away, telling that she's okay. Deep down, I knew she wasn't but I couldn't force her to talk.

She didn't eat the food they gave her, so she was losing weight drastically. She was so thin, her spine was showing in her back. In her face, she looked so sick and pale.

Things weren't how they were supposed to be with her and I wanted my Dee back.

Almost everyone noticed and they tried to get her to eat as much as I did, but she wouldn't. We tried to get her to talk to someone, but she wouldn't. Now, we're hopeless and we don't know what to do.

I sat there watching her as she slept and rubbed my thumb across her hand.

"What's wrong with you Dee?" I mumbled before laying my head on her lap.

I started to pray.

I prayed that she would tell someone how she felt, I prayed that she would get better. I prayed that everything just went back to the way it was.

I felt her move around a little and I looked up. She moved around a little more before opening her eyes.

There were dark circle around them and she smiled faintly.

"Lucas," she mumbled and then squeezed my hand. I smiled at her.

"Wassup shawty?"

"I-I don't feel like myself," she said. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

I then realized that it was her medicine talking but I still paid close attention to what she was saying.