Chapter 14: Him

(A/N: I'm going to add more characters in this chapter, so be prepared for some chocolate since everybody else is light skin in this story.

More drama is going to play out as the book goes on, so pay attention.

I love y'all and I'm thankful for the support, #TeamUnicorn.
-Mya the Unicorn 🦄)

Makayla 'Kay' Johansen

"Maybe if you weren't so stuck up you would actually get some dick in your life," I heard my roommate and best friend, Zai, mumble

"Maybe if you weren't so stuck up you would actually get some dick in your life," I heard my roommate and best friend, Zai, mumble. I turned to face her.

"What was that?" I said. She'd been getting too bold with her smart remarks and it was going to get her messed up in the end.

Me and Zainna met during our sophomore year of college when she needed a place to stay for a couple months. A couple months turned in to a year until I eventually told her that she could move in and she did just that.

After a while, she'd always have men over and they'd be smoking and drinking. Eventually I got tired of it and told her I wasn't going to tolerate it. She got mad and got put out the same minute she decided to call me a bitch.

She didn't clean, cook, or at least try to help pay the rent. She always had this attitude and swore she had money on her social media accounts but can't pay rent. She thinks I don't see it but I do and she's on a thin thread with me that I'm fixing to cut.

She was currently getting ready to go to a party up in Decatur with her group of friends which were slowly becoming a bad influence on her.

Now, our problems mostly came to the light when her group of friends started coming over, but I wasn't going to tell her anything about her and them because I knew she wouldn't listen. I was just saving myself the breath and trouble.

I had met only a few of them and could already tell that they were ratchet and loud. I wasn't really trying to be judgmental but it was true and they were already looking like they wanted problems so again, I saved myself the trouble and just distanced myself.

I guess they all noticed because that's when Zai started thinking she could start talking to me any kind of way but that was also what I wasn't going to tolerate, especially when I payed the rent here and she showed no efforts of helping me paying it.

"I said, if you weren't so stuck up, you could get some dick in your life," she rose her voice louder than what need be. I cocked my head sideways.

"For one, I have standards and unlike you, I don't give out pussy to every nigga I see," I shot back. She scoffed and rolled her eyes because she knew I was telling the truth.