Chapter 19: Coming To The Light (Continued)

Tajiah 'Taj' Gary
I got off of the plane and texted Regina, asking where she was in the airport only to get a phone call from her.

"Hello?" I answered. I heard my little cousin crying his little lungs out.

"Hey, Will's going to come get you because I have to feed Donte and put him back to sleep, is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah that's fine. I'll be sitting here waiting," I said down on a bench beside the exiting gate.

"Alright and I'm sorry for not being there I just got caught up with feeding my baby and-" I cut her off.

"Regina I understand it, I promise it's okay," I insisted. She sighed.

"Are you sure? Will said he was on the way, let me know whenever he gets there," she said.

"Alright I will, now feed my little cousin before we jump you," I joked. She chuckled as I heard his cries come to a halt.

"Yeah whatever, see you when you get here," she said.

"Aight', love you bye!" I said before hanging up. I sat back sighing and ran my hand through my now burgundy hair.

"Hey, are you Tamia?" A light skin dude came up and asked me.

"No I'm Tajiah, are you Will?" I asked. He nodded before walking away. I frowned before I followed after him to his car and put my bags in the trunk as he got in the car, cranking it up.

After I put them in, I got into the passenger seat and fastened my seatbelt.

I sensed that he wasn't really friendly and I just shrugged him off, looking out of the window. I smiled, wishing I had brought my brother. He would've loved it out here but I couldn't tell him or anyone else where I was going since I left unannounced.

It was a surprise trip to find Dee because I knew she wasn't dead and if I told Tyler, there would've been a possibility that he would've told mom.

We came to a stop which made me snap out of my thoughts and look up. It was early morning traffic which I dreaded when I lived here. I sighed and grabbed my earphones out of my purse, attaching them to my phone.

"How old are you?" I heard his deep voice. It scared me a little and I attempted to speak but nothing came out.

When my voice finally decided to come back, I start stuttering.

"I-I'm," I paused, clearing my throat. "I'm 18,"

He scoffed and somewhat smiled, looking over at me. I frowned at his gesture which made him chuckle.

"I don't want you, I was asking because I have a little brother. He's 19 and lonely," he said blandly. I laughed a little and nodded.

"I appreciate the thought, but I'd actually like to remain single for a while,"

It was true. Ever since the 'love triangle' with Lucas and Dee, I realized I didn't love myself enough and I was looking for someone else to do it for me. I vowed that wouldn't be ready for dating until I actually loved myself and knew my worth.

He nodded and kept his eyes on the SUV in front of him. "So, how did you and Regina meet?"

He ignored me and continued to stare ahead. Once I realized he wasn't even going to respond, I sat back and put my earphones in, letting Lauryn Hill's voice fill my ears.

Silently, I was wishing he would say something but I knew it'd never happen. Even if I tried to start the conversation. I just decided to keep my distance from him while I was here.