Ch.4 Forming Bonds

Kiyoshi:Y/N!You joined the Underground Student Council?!

Y/N:Not like I had much of a choice......

Shingo:Does that mean we have to get our ass kicked by you too?!

Meiko:Don't be ridiculous!Y/N has made it very clear that you are his friends.Y/N's job is Inmate Representative.If you have a complaint,requests,any of that.Go to him,he'll be watching you like we do.

Y/N approached the boys and held out his hand and nodded.Kiyoshi nodded and shook his hand.

Meiko:Now get to work!

......

It was sundown as the boys were done for the day as Y/N went back to his dorm and sat at his desk to begin his homework.After about 15 minutes or so,a knock was heard.Y/N opened the door to Meiko in her very revealing nightwear making him a shade of red.

Meiko:Good evening,Y/N.Mari wants you to fill out these Inmate request forms,post the schedule,then go see Mari in her office.

Y/N nodded and pulled on his hoodie and some shorts before making his way to the prison.Whilst he was walking,a certain short-haired blonde was staring at him furiously.

Hana:You gotta be kidding me?!They let him on the student council?!This is so stupid!Mark your days, Y/N.I shall have my revenge......

Y/N entered the prison and walked into the classroom area as the boys saw him.

Kiyoshi:Y/N?What're you doing here?

Y/N handed the boys request forms and pens.The room became quiet as everyone began to think about what to request.Y/N sat up against the wall and closed his eyes.

Kiyoshi:Hey Y/N.

Y/N:?

Kiyoshi:When you said that you didn't have much of a choice,what did you mean exactly?

Y/N opened his eyes and gazed at the room.Everyone was staring at him.Y/N sighed.

Y/N:Mari told me that if I didn't accept this position,I'd be expelled.

Shingo:For real?!That's total bullshit!

Gakuto:What gives them the right to force you into the student council?!

Y/N:Don't know.But I have a bad feeling about it.

Some time passed as everyone handed Y/N their request.

Y/N:Kiyoshi.Dictionary. Granted.Andre.KGB48 Pencil Board.Denied.Shingo.Hair gel.Denied.Joe.Ant farm set.Under consideration. Gakuto.Portable audio player.Is it for your English listening practice?

Y/N nodded at Gakuto as Gakuto knew what he was doing.

Gakuto:Yes,that's right.

Y/N:Under consideration.

Y/N turned around and posted the schedule and began walking out.

Kiyoshi:Y/N!

Y/N:Hm?

Kiyoshi:Isn't Saturday going to be usual work?

Y/N:No.It's something about a track meet-up.You'll have to ask the VP if you want more details.Night guys.

Y/N walked out of the prison and back into the school as went into the Underground Student Council's office where Mari was calmly drinking tea in her chair.

Mari:Ah Y/N.You have the request forms,good.Just place them on the table.

Y/N placed them on the table and began to leave.

Mari:Say Y/N.

Y/N:?

Mari:Would you like some tea?

Y/N nodded and sat down on the sofa.

Mari:So,Meiko told me what you did on the weekend.

Y/N sipped his tea.

Mari:How is your family?

Y/N:Good.

Mari:Might I ask the reason behind your tattoo?Are you or were you in some sort of gang perhaps?

Y/N:No.It's a family thing.

Mari:Really?What do you mean?

Y/N:My dad,mom,me,and when my sister is old enough,will have the tattoo.My dad told me that our family has used the lion for generations as our spirit animal or something like that.He always told me,lions are strong,fierce,and courageous.Not afraid to stand up to anyone and always has the courage to fight it out.

Mari:I see.

The situation couldn't be more awkward and boring.I wanted to leave.I finished drinking my tea and was about to leave when Mari quietly got up and grabbed my shoulder.

Mari:Hold a moment.

Y/N:?

Mari:Accompany me Friday after school.

Y/N:Is that a request or demand?

Mari:Both.

I let out a sigh and nodded as she smirked before letting me go.

Mari:Have a goodnight and keep up with your studies.

........

I made my way over to the guys as they were working.

Meiko:Y/N,care to do some Hindu squats with me?

Y/N:?

Meiko:Here let me show you.

Meiko began doing the squats as I watched her go up and down.I shook my head in polite refusal.The day went by pretty normally although Kiyoshi was gone for an awful long time.Meiko told me that I could go back to my room which I decided to do.On my way there,I ran into,I think Chiyo was her name.

Chiyo:Oh,you're Y/N right?Tell me,how's Kiyoshi doing?

Y/N:Doing the best he can while in there.

Chiyo:Is it bad in there?

Y/N:Yeah.I was surprised they released me.

Chiyo:According to the public information,there was first-hand evidence clearing you of peeping in the girl's bathroom.Are you saying that it wasn't true?

Y/N:No,I never peeped.It's just that,Mari seems like she hates men so when she said she'd release me,I was quite frankly astonished.

Chiyo:I see.

Y/N:It came at the price of me joining the Underground Student Council.

Chiyo:Wait,so do you beat the other guys up?!

Y/N:No.I made it clear that if I was to join,I wouldn't hit them in any way.Those guys may seem like indecent people but their good,deep down.The way I see it,they were just a couple of average boys who were down on their luck with women.

Chiyo:You know,I didn't think you'd be this talkative.

Y/N:Some things,can't be answered by a mere head nod or shake.

Chiyo:Ok then.Well I'll see you later.Tell Kiyoshi,I can't to watch the sumo match with him!

Chiyo jogged off as I waved.I went back into my room and plopped down on my bed as I began listening to music on my light-up speaker.

.......

Meiko:Madame President.

Mari:Ah,Vice President.What brings you here?

Meiko:I'm aware that you plan to bring Y/N on a shopping trip correct?

Mari:Yes that is.Why?Is there a problem?

Meiko:No,I'm just curious of what you plan to do?

Mari:It's more of a test than an actual trip.

Meiko:A test?

Mari:To see if he belongs in Hachimitsu Academy or not.