Ch.8 Truth & Reconcile

"Why are you leaving?!"

"I'm sorry,my dad is moving to another school."

"Please!You can't leave!"

"I don't want to leave. But,sometimes life doesn't go the way you want it."

"WAIT!COME BACK!"

A warmth enveloped by body as I looked up.They smiled at me with tears in their eyes.

"I'm sure i'll see you again."

My body shot up in a cold sweat.That damn dream......I don't even remember the last time I had it.So,the question is:why now?Of all times,why now?

.........

Meiko entered Mari's office and much to her surprise Mari looked exhausted and annoyed.

Meiko:Madame President?

Mari:O-oh,hello Meiko........

Meiko:What's the problem,Madame President?!

Mari:I........

Mari hung her head low as if in pure defeat.

Mari:I can't break him.

Meiko:Huh?Who?

Mari:Y/N.......

Meiko:Y/N?

Mari:Much to my displeasure,I've been using
s-seductive tactics to try and let his beastly urges take him but his will is too strong.I don't quite know what to do if I am to make him a pawn.

Meiko:Madame President,may I throw an idea in?

Mari:Granted.

Meiko:Um.....maybe just be honest with him?

Mari:What do you mean?I'd rather not speak to him about DTO.

Meiko:O-of course Madame President!Not that!What I mean is....just be a normal person to him.If you know what i'm getting at.

Mari:Be......me?

........

Kiyoshi:Anyways,yeah.I'm grateful that you didn't sell me out.

I nodded as I continued to watch them work before giving them a water break.

Kiyoshi:It's about time for Meiko to take over,correct?

I nodded as I waved everyone goodbye and made my way back into my room.I began setting up my game system and monitor when a knock was on my door.I opened the door to see Chiyo.

Chiyo:Hey.

I waved.

Chiyo:Listen,I wanted to thank you for standing up to my sister and Meiko.

I shrugged.

Chiyo:But listen,don't be too hard on my sister,okay?I don't really know what made her have such a dislike of men but,I've been watching your interactions with her and I can say that you're her best chance at being able to hold a normal conversation with guys.So,I hope you don't hold a grudge.