Ch. 47 He's Back

Arthur W.

Immediately, Eloise and James both scream my name and run over to me. I was more than glad to see them... and completely relieved that they were okay.

"Arthur! You're okay!"

"Rodrich!"

"Arthur what the hell happened to you?" Tex questioned.

"Well, let's get Arthur into some normal clothes first." Connor points to-

Shit! That's right I'm still wearing my nightclothes!

"Go move!" James demands, shoving me along.

James, Rodrich, Tex, Grey, and Connor go with me while everyone else stays in the library. I don't know what happened while I was gone... but I sure had a story to tell about it.

*

"So you were shot!?" I exclaim.

"Umm... yeah. Surprise?" Connor smiles nervously.

I facepalm, "I was right... idiocy does run in your family James."

"Why do you have to insult me like every five minutes? Weren't you just happy to see me? Or was that as fake as Grey's ego?" James questions.

Eloise burst out laughing and Grey goes bright red, curing under his breath before stammering, "Th-that was c-completely un-unnecessary!"

"Unnecessary, but truthful." Ace shrugs.

"Ace, be nice." Violet pushes him by the shoulders.

"Well that summed up what happened to us," Rodrich sighs, "but what about you Arthur?"

"That's right," Eloise nods, "we have to find out who did this once and for all."

All eyes are on me. I know no one will believe this but... "Adrien was the one who had trapped me in that soul stone."

"WHAT!?" Everyone exclaims in unison.

"I knew it! I knew he had something to do with it!" Violet shrilled.

"No way!" Nick gasped.

"Arthur, that's..." Connor bit his lip, the room going silent. Finally, Connor choked out, "A-Adrien is-"

"Dead?" I start laughing shaking my head. Well played you bastard... well played...

"What's so funny" Karen asks nervously.

"Connor," I huff, "were any of you aware that Adrien isn't human?"

"Wh-wh-what are you trying to say Arthur?" Connor stutters.

James goes so pale he looks like he's going to be sick. "N-n-no..."

"Adrien is what we call a Haunt Phantom." I start to explain, "Haunt Phantoms willingly disobey the rules and terrorize the living. They do this out of spite or just plain boredom. They see the mortal kind as just another toy for them to play with."

"So you're saying that- that he's still alive?" Connor gulps.

A small click comes from the doorway behind us. Everyone else gasps... but I just stand and glare. Adrien wore a outfit of black and red. His eyes were glowing red like how they had before. That ring on his finger... it belonged to Connor and James... the gun in his hand... that was mine. He gives off a wide, toothy grin as he sneers,

"You better believe it."