VIII

Hey there! I am absoluetely loving certain Harry Potter stories and its inspiring to continue this one. Please dont forget to comment and vote!

****************

As I regained conciousness I noticed I was being carried. My arm still hurt like crazy, but I felt slightly more at ease as the soft rocking motion of my body indicated I was being held. My eyelids felt rather heavy, and through a haze of pain I could barely find the strength to open my eyes just the tiniest bit.

Severus Snape turned out to be the one holding me. To say I was suprised was an understatement, but when he stopped and muttered something under his breath I sensed more than saw a door opening. Snape was carrying me bridal style, one arm passed underneath my legs and the other holding my shoulders. We entered a room and shortly after I was put down on something soft. My head lolled to the side, but my eyes were still open. I could see a fireplace from where I was lying, and I saw Snape throw something into the hearth, turning the fire an emerald green.

It wasn't long before Albus Dumbledore himself appeard in the flames, a concerned look on his face. With one look he saw me lying on what I assumed was a bed he made his way over to me. His hands pressed against my forhead and then my neck, feeling for a pulse. He also checked my eyes and my breathing, before turning to Snape.

"What happened Severus?" he inquired, a consternated look on his face.

"She walked into my classroom and passed out Albus" Snape said sharply "But not before showing me this...."

As he spoke he walked over to me and grasped the sleeve of my sweater, rolling it up to show my injured arm. The Headmasters look revealed nothing, but his lips were pursed in a thin line.

"It appears that Miss Corvin has been hiding things from you Albus" Snape said angrily.

"....maybe" Dumbledore murmured as his gentle fingers continued to examine my arm.

"Maybe?! The chit is obviously a werewolf!" Snape hissed.

"Is she?" Dumbledore said, turning around to glance at Snape over his half moon glasses.

"Are you going blind Albus?!" Snape exclaimed, pointing at my arm "That is a paw! A paw!"

"I know, Severus, I have a great eyesight, thank you very much" Albus said with, taking out his wand and pointing it at my arm.

"Then what in Merlins name are you talking about?!" Snape said, obvioulsy upset.

"Can't you see it?" the Headmaster isaid as if it was rather obvious "The paw itself isn't a werewolfs, Severus. A werewolf has distinct characteristics.... and Ashlynns arms presents none of them. No humanistic digits, no thinner fur.... no, Severus, I don't think Ashlynn is a werewolf"

"Then what is she?" Snape inquired "That is obviously a paw of a wolf"

"I'm not sure..." Dumbledore murmured.

That defenitely spiked my curiosity.

"It is all Lupins fault!" Snape sneered as he started pacing the room "He attacked a student, Albus! You musn't stand for this! That...that-creauture- has to go!"

I was moving before I even realized what I was doing. Dragging myself upright I leaned back on my elbow, the dizzyness nearly enough to make me pass out.

"No!" I shouted, my voice hoarse but steady. Somehow I managed to glare at Snape before having to close my eyes at the sudden wave of nausea.

"...What?" Severus snapped at me, glaring daggers in my direction.

"Remus has nothing to do with this!" I exclaimed, trying to ignore the pain flaring in my arm.