XIII

I decided to bring you guys another update, just because I haven´t written in a while and I really felt like I should continue this story. So please coment and vote!

********************************************

Torture.

Heading for the dungeons the only thing I could think of was that this must be what torture feels like. To the dungeons, to spend some one-on-one time with no other than the infamous Severus Snape, the Dungeon Bat extraordinaire. Classes, thats what Dumbledore had called them. To try and lear the root of my nightmares. To try and find out what it was that terrified me so greatly it caused me to shift into a wolf every full moon.

Yay. Just what I needed. For Snape to be allowed to dig inside my head, inside my mind, and try to figure out my secret and most private thoughts.

Couldn´t I just visit a shrink?

The corridors got colder as I retreated into the deeper entrails of the dungeons, and I pulled my cloak tighter around me. I had told Jenna and Dorian that I hd extra lessons in Potions, that my grades had dropped and Snape wished to tutor me lest I fail the subject. It wasn´t entirely believable, but it would do for now.

Reaching the entrance to the classroom I stood there, indecisive as to wether or not to go inside. I was nervous, jittery, wondering what would await me on the other side.

"Are you coming in or are you planiing on standing there forever?" Snapes voice came from the other side fo the door as it was pulled open, revealing the Potions Master standing in the doorway.

He looked every inch the Dungeon Bat the rest made him out to be. Long black robes tht bellowed around him as he walked, dark hair falling in messy strands around his face and onyx eyes looking deadly enough as he glared at me.

"I-...Sorry Professor" I muttered, entering the classroom and coming to stand in the middle of the cold damp floor. The cauldrons had been placed alongside the walls and there were two lonely chairs placed in the middle of the space that was left there.

"Don´t apologize" Snape growled, gesturing for me to take a seat while doing the same "Dumbledore explained to you what will happen?"

"You´ll use Occlumency to try and acess the origin of my nightmares"I answered, trying to sound confident and secure. I was feeling off balance, however. I was at a disadvantage here. Snape would be the one entering my mind, going through private memories, to personal feelings and information I didn´t particularly want to share with anyone.

"It´s Legilimency, not Occlumency... but yes, essentilly that is correct" Snape nodded, his expression still emotionless as he leaned back in the cahr, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"So... how does that work?" I asked timidly, feeling like a little girl for the first time as I looked into Snapes hard eyes.

"Legilimency is the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a persons mind and correctly interpreting one´s finding. A person who practices this art is known as a Legilimens. Muggles might call this 'Mind Reading', but practitioners-such as myeslf- disdain the term as naive" Snape explained as he looked at me rather calmly. He truly was in his element once he started explaining and teaching "Occlumency, on the other hand, is the act of magically closing one´s mind against Legillimency. It is ancient, and has existed since Medieval times. It can prevent a Legilimens from accesing one´s thoughts and feelings, or influencing them. A person who practices this art is known as an Occlumens"

"So are you a Legilimens or an Occlumens?" I asked, curiosity taking the better hand of me as I leaned forward, interested in the subject.

"Both. Once one masters the art of Legilimency, you want to protect yourself from foreign intrusions to one´s mind as well as having the ability to enter it" Snape said.