Forgoten Memories

I wake up. A feeling of urgency rushes through my body, my limbs can hardly respond, my head is spinning and overall I feel weak.
I was drugged, I'm starting to remember what happened.

I slowly look around and realise that I'm in a cage, the lock looks weak, I can probably find enough strength to break it and find my way out of this dump.
Wait! That'll have to wait, someone's coming.

I close my eyes and quickly lay back down, pretending I never woke up. I hear a man's raspy voice catch in his throat as he says "My, My, why she is just as beautiful as you said, if not more..." His wicked laugh echoed around the big empty room. "I told you so, in fact I promised you" the other guy says.

"Is she awake yet?" Asked the guy with the raspy voice. "No, not yet Tom." Said the other guy. "Well wake her up idiot, I don't pay you for nothing, Dale."
"I known boss, but-"he was cut off. "No ifs no buts, just wake her up."
I felt sorry for that Dale guy. But he kidnapped me, so he deserves it.

It's been days, they drug me after they've finished having "fun" with me. Every time they beat me to a pult it gives me more of a reason to want them dead. This time though I haven't been drugged. I know Dale is behind this.

I stand up and kick the lock as hard as I can. The lock breaks! I limp into the empty and plain hallway and take in every thing around me. I limp passed a room where I can hear some of the guys, who take turns in beating me, they're playing poker.

I turn down a corridor and down a flight of stairs. A quarter of the way down I could hear those madmen shouting and laughing. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I felt the urge to turn right.

When I looked I saw a girl, she was lying limp on the ground. A pool of blood surrounding her, her face was bloody and beaten. Her eyes wide open, staring straight through me. The cause of her death was not that she had been beaten. She had a gun shot to her head and heart.
That's gonna be me, I thought. I wasn't thinking. I screamed, it was a drown out scream, but it could still be heard.

Suddenly I heard a click of a gun behind me, followed by a spine chilling laugh. I turn, mortified. It was Tom. He growls at me " it didn't have to be like this, but you leave me with no choice!" He points the gun at me and smiles, his finger on the trigger, "any last words?" He asks me. His face unreadable although he had a touch of a smile to his lips. I scream...

I wake up screaming, my head pounding. I was drenched in cold sweat. My covers were on the floor in a scrunched up pile, from where I had kicked them off. My lamp had been knocked off of my night stand and shattered.

The light flickered on as Jason hit the switch as he ran into my room. He sat down on my bed and held me tight in his arms. He whispered in my ear "shhh, it's okay, your okay, it's just a dream just a bad dream. It's not real." He whispered softly to me to get me to calm down as I sobbed silently into his chest.

That was the first time that I'd had that dream in 3 years. But it was more like a nightmare of memories flooding back to me. Jason held me in his arms and reassured me softly that I was okay until I calmed down. He kissed my forehead and looked me in the eyes.

I explained every thing to him before he could even ask. The reason Jason had stayed here was that he vowed to protect me and he didn't want me home alone after what had happened yesterday. He was my everything. And I loved him for it and for being himself. He was my best friend as well as my boyfriend.

We braced our selves for the night to come and fell asleep in my room. I felt safe and secure with Jason, and nobody else.