Remembering the past.

After what happened last night, I bearly slept a wink. I was scared. My eyes were puffy with lack of sleep and crying, and anyway I don't see how I would be able to sleep with Jason snoring like he was. So I just layed there, awake. All night.

At about 5:00 in the morning, I became restless. I had to get up and do something with my hands, or I'd go nutty!
I slowly and quietly got out of bed, making sure not to wake Jason.

I go downstairs and make myself a hot chocolate, then I sat by the window, staring out of it.

(Flashbacks)

I'm frozen, the gun is still pointed at me, I can't see properly because of the tears swelling up in my eyes and spilling down my cheeks. "Please, please, don't" I begged, my voice cracking slightly.

"Y-you don't have to do this." I hiccup through tears and shaky breaths, the look in his eyes was evil, pure and utter evil.
His eyes narrowed in thought for a moment then grew to be even fiercer than before, a wicked laugh echoed through the room, and I accepted that it was the end.

He suddenly lowered the gun and walked up to me as I sobbed "you know you really should stop crying, you'll give us away to everyone else and you know how much they want to see who can land the most damaging hit" he whispered in my ear.
All of a sudden a deafening bang! ran throughout the old and crumbling building, followed by the sound of gun shots.

As his facial expression changed from wicked to surprised and shocked, I heard the pounding footsteps sounding down the staircase. "Police, come out with your hands up." I heard someone shout.

Tom looked at me as though he was warning me not to say anything to give us away. He looked away for just over 2 seconds, and when he did I took the opportunity to scream for help "Help, help me please, I'm down here,I'm-" I was cut off by Tom when he grabbed me and used me as a human shield.

As the police rushed down the stairs, they stopped dead in their tracks as they saw me being used as a shield with a gun held to my head. "Let go of the girl, put the gun down slowly and get on your knees" the officer at the front ordered.

Tom grinned and yelled "No I've got the gun and the girl and I'm in control here, so you put your gun down and slide it over here." When they hesitated he added "Do it now or I'll blow her brains out!"

When he said that I whimpered. The officers did as he said. I then noticed that the female officer behind male officer had disappeared. A minute or  two later I was thrown forward and heard a moan of pain. The female officer had snuck up behind us and hit Tom's pressure point, causing him to let go of me.

After they arrested all of the gang members, the police took me to change into different clothes and get a shower. As I showered I watch the blood streak from out of my hair and saw the actual colour of my hair without all of the blood making my hair look a brownie red colour. After I had freshened up I looked at my reflection, something I hadn't done in a long time.

My hair was no longer matted and blood drenched, my eyes weren't sunken in anymore, the cuts and bruises that covered me were healing. But I didn't feel the same anymore.
My fear and coldness is a constant reminder of what happened to me.

After I was interviewed, I was taken to see my family and friends, to reunite with them.
That's when Jason and I had our first kiss.

To this day I still remember the names of the officers that rescued me. The female officer was called officer McDermott and the male was officer Beck.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Jason asking me if I was okay when he got to the living room door. In reply I looked and smiled while gesturing for him to sit down next to me.

When he did we just sat and talked for hours. We were so happy that we had each other. The rest of the day was perfect, well except for when Jason stole my hot chocolate. That was mean. But we couldn't be happier at that time.