Take

Lydia felt the destruction before she saw it. It reached out to her and she guided Derek and Josh towards it.

They were quite deep in the forest
"What were they doing down here?" Derek murmured, feeling the scratched trees as if something had smashed against them.

"I don't know."
She stepped on something and picked it up to get a better look. It was Stiles's bat, mangled and in a really bad state. Derek rushed forward.
"It's his bat." he said, worry flaring momentarily across his face.

Lydia gulped and continued to walk forward. She hoped they found them in time.

The outline of the old Hale mansion loomed infront of them accompanied with the wrecked hulk of a jeep. Lydia started into a flat out run towards the jeep, Derek soon overtaking her. Both of them were desperate to find their boyfriends alive and ok.

She had burst into Derek's loft, and thankfully him and Josh were still awake. Lydia had been barefooted and had looked insane but they still listened to her.

The car was completely destroyed, the side bashed in, all the windows shattered and countless other deformities. Derek tried to wrench open the drivers seat door but it was stuck and wouldn't budge. None of the boys were in the car.

The roof of the jeep was bent in and covered in what looked like...ash?
Lydia dusted a bit off into her palm and it gave off a smoky scent.
"Ash." She confirmed and turned around to Derek and Josh. "Parrish was ontop of the car."

Lydia still clutched Stiles's bat and scanned the surrounding area looking for the boys. She couldn't see them anywhere. Derek and Josh didn't have much luck with their eyes either.

"Scott!" she called out, cupping her hands around her mouth to amplify her voice. "Stiles!"

She heard nothing in reply but Josh whipped his head.
"Did you hear that?" He said, "It sounds like someone... whimpering."

They listened again but Lydia heard nothing. Josh did though and he took off bounding toward a huddle of trees.
Right outside them lay Scott and a massive dent in the tree. It looked like Scott had somehow flew through the air and right into the tree, causing it to nearly snap in half.

Scott was whimpering and his legs lay all twisted beneath him. Lydia ran over, instantly filled with worry and fear.
"Scott!" She knelt down next to him, blood dribbled out his mouth and mixed with the tears leaking out his eyes.
"He needs to shift into a werewolf." said Derek, assessing Scotts injuries. They didn't want to move him incase that inflicted more pain. "He might die if he dosent speed up the healing process. It dosent seem to be working because of his emotional state."

Fear took full control of Lydia.
"Scott." She wiped away his tears, "Scott listen to me. You need to change so you can heal. We need you Scott please change."

"S..t.i.l....es." he coughed out, lifting his head an inch off the ground before it feel back down.

"Stiles needs you. Everyone in Beacon Hills needs you. We can find Stiles but only if you change. Change Scott!"

And with that a new flash of determination came into Scotts broken eyes. His eyes slowly started to turn red and he let out a gasp.

"It's working." Derek told them, leaning down over Scotts legs. "Don't stop."

Scott panted and clenched his teeth as his legs painfully mended themselves. In less than a minute of agony, Scotss legs were weak and trembling but fully functional. He turned over, revealing a deep gash down his front that was slowly healing and just looked at the stars.

"Stiles." Was all he said with a unnervingly vacant look in his eyes.
"Scott what happened?" Asked Josh, speaking up after being quiet for a good 10 minutes.
"Back at the clinic I'll tell you." Scott replied but still didn't move his gaze from the stars as if they contained a part of him.

"So Stiles isn't here?" asked Derek, more than worried about his boyfriend, his face neutral but his eyes showcasing panic. Scott nodded and let Josh guide him to his feet. They limped back to Lydias car, broken and with Derek still searching for his love.

●●●

What had they done to him? Stiles wandered the school hallways, passing doors and doors and then Voids rooms. He wasn't in there and the door was wide open. Nothing was in there.

Stiles couldn't find a way out of his mind. The last memories he had was of the jeep flying through the woods and Scott being thrown through the windshield. Nothing after that and nothing about being locked in here.

Suddenly Stiles had a thought that stopped his dead in his tracks.
If he wasn't controlling his body then who was....?

All the doors in his head were locked, all except Voids. Stiles trailed around feeling utterly useless and wondering what was using his body this time.

●●●

Scott lay slumped in one of the animal clinic chairs. Isaac was asleep upstairs , no one was watching this because they knew the darkness wanted people who were taken by the ghost riders.
Instead they all tried to not look like they were staring at Scott, waiting for him to say something.
"The trap didn't work." he said in a hopeless tone. Derek stopped his pacing immediately and turned to listen to Scott.

"Parrish is weightless and disappeared right before I manually put the trap on him. He appeared on the top of the jeep. We drove off and because of a stag and Parrish, the car went off the road at around 70mph into the trees. "

Lydia sucked in a breath and her eyes widened. Scott seemed to falter and Lydia sat next to him. He leaned into her arms but still continued the story.

"We rolled around a couple of time, I got the worst because I was in the drivers seat. My legs were crushed, I was sliced by glass and branches and thrown through the windshield.
I passed out and awoke later to see..."

Scott choked but forced himself to continue.
"I saw a burning Parrish, holding Stiles in his arms. I tried to reach out a hand but Parrish looked at me and just disappeared. The last thing I remember was turning my head to the Hale mansion and laughing at how ironic it all was."
"What was ironic?" Derek asked now sitting on the floor, head in his hands. He looked soo lost and it nearly broke Lydias heart.

Scott sat up straighter,
"That where all the killing started,
was where Death made an entrance to take his prized prey."

"He has 4." said Lydia quietly, breaking the long silence that had appeared after Scott finished talking.

Malia stood up.
"You're were right. " she acclaimed, speaking to Scott. "This thing does think like the nogitsune. A mind filled with trickery, treachery and thinking human lives are all a game."

"Maybe we could trap it like the nogitsune." Lydia pondered, "Not death itself but someone like Parrish or Liam."

"And I think I know where we can do it." Scott said his moment of weakness over, the fight and authority back in his eyes.

What do you guys think of this chapter? 😀💝