Trick

The plan was in full swing. Scott settled down in the bushes, next to Lydia, to watch it all unfold (and intervene if it all went terribly wrong)

For once, the sun was bright in the sky and cast a glow around in the forest. It made Scott able to see better but also made Scott anxious.
"Have any bad feelings about this?" He whispered to Lydia. She pursed her lips, paused and then shook her head.
"Nothing yet." she told him back.

They waited for at least a few hours, Malia in the cage, Mason and Corey invisible, Allison up in the roof section of the cabin and Lydia and Scott outside.
No one outside dared to move an inch, just in case someone came while they were distracted.

After a while Scott started to get cramp in his foot for being in the same position for too long. He hoped someone came soon or he would have to move.
However almost as soon as Scott had that thought, Liam strolled into the clearing. His eyes were completely black to Scotts dismay and horror.

He knew Cory and Mason would've slunk inside the cabin (invisible obviously) to tell Malia that Liam was here.
Lydia and Scott stayed deathly still as Liam cautiously walked to the cabin. His movements were jerky and stiff, like the darkness hadn't completely mastered control over his body.

But he still walked able enough and looked like he could still be very lethal in a fight. He started to sniff the cabin door as if he could smell Malia in there and he pushed on the door. The door shut behind him and all Lydia and Scott could do now was wait.

●●●

Corey gripped Masons hand, them both standing still against the far wall of the cabin. They both barely dared to breathe incase they were noticed. No one knew if this new darkness could see invisible people, but as Liams gaze passed right over them, Mason realised he couldn't.

Liam saw Malia as soon as the cabin door shut. She had been sitting down but stood up almost immediately.
"Hey Liam." She walked towards the edge of the cage, acting casual but still on high alert.
Liam's black eyes turned her way and his face contorted into something that resembled a grimace. 
"Come...away...here." He breathed heavily and squinted his eyes shut
"Liam?" Malia moved that little bit closer but never out the cage. Liam suddenly jolted up and a spoke in a creepy monotone voice.

"Liam isn't here any more."

Mason felt his heart skip a beat in worry and fear for his best friend. They could save him as long as they got him in the cage, Mason reminded himself. They had to get him in the cage.

"Liam?" Malia scrunched her forehead and tilted her head to the side.
The thing that was Liam moved forward, towards Malia, ignoring everything around him. He was just focused on getting to his prey, Mason realised. Even if he and Corey were to turn visible, Mason doubted Liam would see them.

Malia turned ready, her eyes glowing blue and claws half out. As soon as Liam stepped into the cage, Malia shoved him in and slammed the door shut behind her. She was soo fast that Mason could barely follow her with his slow human eyes.

"NOW!" she screeched at the roof and a buzzing sound filled the room. Liam was zapped backwards as electricity flowed around the cage. Allison had pulled the switch up in the roof that they had modified to control the electricity. Liam was trapped.

●●●

Scott heard the yelp from inside the cabin and rushed in, claws at the ready.
He opened the door to reveal a angry looking Liam and Malia who looked really pleased with herself.
He laughed, realising the plan had worked.

"So what do we do now?" Corey asked, turning his power off to reveal him and Mason.
"We interrogate him." Scott gave a manical grin that had Malia raise her eyebrows.
"I swear everyone here is insane." she muttered, turning to the door. Josh and Derek were outside. They had been further in the forest.
"Did it work?" Josh asked, bounding in and then balking at Liam standing in the middle of the cage, still looking really annoyed. "Wow. I guess it did. Are you guys sure that definately isnt Liam?"

"Come closer child and I will take the brain from your head and feed on the darkness." Liam said, grinning.
Josh's eyebrows rose.
"That definately isn't Liam." he said, answering his own question.

"What are you?" Scott asked to Liam.

"Ah the leader. You are soo very powerful for someone soo very young. True alpha at 17? That's saying something. It's a miracle you and all your friends are still alive, even surviving a mass murder by the possession of the one you call Stiles, my riders of the storm and even all those who hunt you down. A miracle indeed."
Liam tilting his head as if contemplating something.
"The boy inside here fights. The fights to push me out, very nearly succeeded one time. The hellhound is strong and even the human is stronger then you think. Becoming a mass murderer who liked to kill for sport... that... changes a person. And he remembers it all too. His mind was a very dark place, I almost pitied him. You McCall never realised the true extent of the damage that had been done before it was too late. The v..."

"Alright that's enough." Malia grabbed onto Scotts arm, "He's playing games with your mind. This thing thinks like the nogitsune and causes chaos wherever it goes."
Scott had turned pale at Liams words but he still nodded at Malia.

"How can we save our friends from you?" Derek asked, "How can we save them from your darkness!?"

Liam laughed, a low and cruel sound.
"You can't." Liam proclaimed, "They only thing that could've stopped me from taking this town was the hellhound and I have him. He is strong but my influence is spreading. I am not one of your mortal enemies. I am death itself. There is no way of stopping me. "

Liam blinked slowly before clicking his fingers at Lydia. She sunk to her knees, eyes filled with panic.
"They can't take me.. My friends. They're all going to die." She hopelessly cried, clutching her hands around her ears. Scott immediately rushed over to her but nothing could sway her from the visions.

"Those aren't visions Scott. Those are memories. Another one you overlooked. The damage done in Eichin house was more permanent and worse than you think. "

Lydia arched her back and tilted her face up the sky as if in excruciating pain. She trembled up to her knees, hanging onto Scott for support.

When she was fully standing, she turned to face Liam and looked him straight on in his black, soulless eyes.

A hint of surprise flashed on his face but it was gone as quick as it had arrived.
"Stronger then I thought too." He said.

"I banish you." Lydia's voice cut through the dark, "I banish you with the power of scream and your own death."
Liam started to back away, until he hit the electrified cage and jumped away.

"Do it!" Something that was close to amusement was displayed in Liams features as Lydia opened her mouth...

and she screamed

Everyone in the room, put their hands over their ears. Lydia's scream was capable of busting their eardrums in such a small space.

But it worked and Liam smiled before tendrils of dark unshrouded him. It kept on going, unwrapping like a bandage until the real Liam was left.

"I'll give you this one in efforts for your bravery. I only stayed in that cage because I was curious about you all. The next time we meet I won't be soo generous." The voice echoed through the room, seemingly coming from nowhere.

The tendrils slowly disappears before dropping an unconscious Liam to the floor outside the cage. Mason and Corey ran for him but Scott and Malia stood still.
"What does this mean?" Scott asked.

"It means he is on the winning side of this game he's playing." she replied, "The real question is, what are you going to do about it?"