Change

The metal catacombs were unsually silent. The only sound was their footsteps and rattling pipes. Derek seemed to be looking for something on the walls, almost squinting in the foggy darkness that arose in the tunnels.
"What are you looking for?" Josh asked Derek. His voice echoed a bit, bouncing off the hollow metal, but soon died out.
"This." Derek replied and turned to a snake carved into the wall. He pressed it and the wall slide back with a screech.
"Wow." Josh exclaimed but Derek already had his claws out and was heading into the gloom.
Josh had no choice but to follow him.

"Have you ever been here before." Josh asked Derek. They both had switched to their werewolf eyes so there was no need for a light. It might draw unwanted attention anyway.
"Yes." said Derek curtly and Josh released that was the most be was going to say.

They soon arrived at a chamber. It was covered in cobwebs and dust. Josh stifled a roaring cough at the dust that settled in his lungs.
"What is this stuff?" Josh went and picked up a massive curved blade that was just sitting on a table.
"I'm pretty sure they cut open one of the chimeras with that very blade, according to Liam who was held hostage here for a bit."
It was then Josh saw the rusted black stains on the sword and he dropped the blade in disgust. It clattered to the floor. The noise seemed 1000 times louder in the abandoned rooms.
"Ssshh!!" Derek hissed at him
"Sorry." Josh replied, moving far away from the blade and making a mental note to not to pick up anything. "So what are we looking for?"
"Books. The dread doctors had a lot of mythical books and supernatural legends. The true original ones. "

"Like these ones?" Josh pointed to a stack of books, sitting wearily on the side of the room.
"Exactly like that!" Derek picked one up and sweeped all the dust away to see the title.
"Creatures of night." Josh murmured.
"Maybe we should take all of these and go. It's too risky to be here for too long."
Derek picked up 3/4 of the books, leaving Josh to grab the rest.

●●●

Stiles was lost in his own brain. He had opened a new door that lead to some kind of catacombs. They were bright and airy but had the same bad feeling as the other corridor. There was no darkness however, just the steady sound of Stiles's footsteps.

All 4 walls were made of stone, impossible to make any markings in them. Stiles had no way of knowing if he was just going around in circles.

He kept on walking and walking and walking. Until a screech nearly pierced his eardrums. When he opened his eyes and moved his hands away from clutching his ears, there was a door infront of him.

"What..." Stiles trailed off, looking around him. "How the..."
Stiles sighed. He had come to the conclusion that anything was better then being stuck in this maze, so he opened the door and went in.

He could see again. See through his own eyes, but there was another presence controlling his body. The nogitsune.
"Hello Stiles. " it said
Stiles didn't reply, too busy taking in what the nogitsune was doing to him. He was waiting outside what looked like a metal quarry type place, crouched in the bushes. Stiles tried to move his arms and legs but it was futile. They stayed in one place.

Suddenly two figures emerged from the quarry. It was Derek, closely followed by Josh. Stiles's heart skipped a beat and he longed to run to Derek.
Wait that meant the darkness had lied to him and everyone was still alive!

The two men were covered in dust and cobwebs, holding a stack of books each.
They looked around suspiciously but didn't see anything, so they walked off. Stiles rose against his will and started to follow the men. He crept through the underbrush like a cat, but the men knew something was there which was what void wanted.

Stiles struggled and tried to pull back control.
"It's futile to struggle Stiles." said a voice in his ear, "You'll be a front row audience to the chaos I cause and you won't be able to do anything to stop it."
"NO!" Stiles fought and struggled. For one second he grabbed back control and shouted. "RUN!" before lifting his arm.
The two men looked up and around, seeing him and then starting to run off. Derek looked back and saw his human eyes, instead of the black ones Stiles knew must be there.
Dereks eyes widened but Stiles frantically shook his head before an unseen force pull him away from control.
He keeled over and the nogitsune took back charge. Derek saw his eyes change and ran off, taking one last look over his shoulder before he disappeared.
"Your going to pay for that human!" the voice hissed in anger.
Stiles felt a invisible punch in his back and he was thrown forward. Only to be pummelled by another that was waiting for him. It sank into his gut, winding him and something knocked his feet from beneath him.
Stiles fell to the floor and the next thing he knew, he was back in the school corridors of his mind.

Stiles tried not to cry, in pain and in frustration. He was back to where he had started. But he knew one thing. His friends were alive and they were coming for him.
All he had to do was find a way to signal them.

●●●

Scott was sitting with Lydia on the sofa in his house when the front door slammed open. Scott was up in an instant but it was only Josh and Derek. They were covered in grime and carried stacks of dusty books.
"Stiles is still in there!" Derek panted, dropping the books onto the floor next to where Josh put his.

"What do you mean and where the hell did you go!?" Scott said in reply
"To the dread doctors old hide-out." Josh told him and then Derek explained about Stiles.

"So Stiles is still in there and fighting for control?" Scott asked after Derek finished talking.
Derek nodded before wiping his face. A line showed on his face where he rubbed away the dust.
"Guys." Lydia said, holding a book open in her hands. When Josh and Derek had put down the stacks, she had jumped at them, "I've found it."

She turned around the oldest book, showing hand-written words. The writing was sloppy but the title was clear as day.

Death at Geváudan