Story

"That's the story?" Liam asked, looking at the paper.
Scott nodded. Nearly everyone was back at Scotts house except for Mason and Corey who were guarding Parrish. Scott had promised to fill them in on what happened later.
"Read it." Jackson said to Lydia. Ethan nudged him at his sharp tone, "Please." Jackson added

Lydia nodded and spun the book around so it was facing her. The story was short, the wild, quite big handwriting only covered 2 pages.

"The maiden who slayed the beast had death come for her and she thwarted it's reign with the use of underworld fire. It came for her friends, slowly taking the souls until only the maiden was left.
A darkness was unleashed upon one of them, he haunted Marie the maiden. More powerful then the others, the first one to fall when the dark was silenced.
She found the sword of legends. It was made by the angels and could banish the darkness. The maiden usurped the weapon from it's sacred hiding place. Only a member of the her bloodline could wield such a thing.
She froze the hellhound, taking it's light into the sword. The maiden plunged the sword into death and it went. Barred it was by a shield of fire when it returned.
It's people who's souls it took lived no longer unless they broke free or were let free. Only one survived easily, he who had been taken was given back as a gift to the brave maiden.
Marie hid the sword deep in the tunnels under the city of Paris. It should never be found as the tunnels are plagued with death and fear.
But find the sword and death can be banished once again."

Scott tilted his head, thinking, and when Lydia finished the story, a silence settled on the group again.
"That's it?" Liam said, turning the pages, "I thought there would be more. That was soo vague."
"I'll check the other books again but I'm sure that's the only copy we have. It's the correct one too so we have to work off what it says." Lydia told him, taking the book back.

"Dead." Derek interrupted from his place by the wall, "He said nearly all died except for one." And with that he pointed at Liam.
Josh nodded, "What about Peter?"
"We haven't seen him so let's just assume he won't bother us. We've already got too much to worry about." Malia stated, stepping forward.

"We need to get that sword." Scott said, "Malia and Isaac, you have an apartment in France so could you go and get it?"
"Wait it's in the Paris catacombs isn't it?" Isaac asked. Scott nodded
"We could try." Malia looked over at Isaac, "But we have always stayed away from that place. It has a very very bad feel to it."

"We will go tommorow." Isaac said, "We don't need to pack cause we left everything back in France. That's if death hasnt trashed it."

"But what do we do about Parrish?" Allison asked,
"Continue guarding him until Isaac and Malia get back I guess. We need to sort out an agreement with the hunters too, so they don't decide to go after Parrish and we don't all shred each other apart." Scott told them.

"And we can maybe capture Void so he's not stalking around." Allison added.
"Wait." Josh said, "I don't get why everyone was soo scared about Void. He hasn't done anything. Maybe he's not out for revenge? "

"Josh." Scotts sharp tone alarmed Josh, "That thing inside my best friend killed Josie and killed Aiden. We all have our fair share of blood on our hands but because of that thing, Stiles has the most by far. During his reign, he killed 26 people in Beacon Hills and woke up millions of other dangerous things. Don't underestimate it."
Josh looked around, avoiding Scotts eyes and then dropped his eyes to the floor.
And with that everyone unanimously decided the meet was over.

●●●

They were back in France. Malia breathed in the fresh night air. God, she had missed this place.
Isaac put a hand on her shoulder.
"Come on." He said, "Lets go and see our apartment."

They reached the place soon enough. It was in the middle of Paris, on the second floor of an apartment block.
They found the door was unlocked when Isaac went to try the handle.

That was to be expected but it still made Malia nervous and Isaac pushed open the door. The room looked like a tornado had struck.
Furniture was pushed over, their clothes and belongings spread all over the floor. One of the beds were upturned and the tv was lying smashed on it's side.
Malia winced when she saw it.

"We are going have to pay for that." she said, lifting it back up on the floor.
"I don't think this was a malicious attack." Isaac was surveying the 2 rooms and trying to clean up. " I think death was looking for something. It would be back but it's trapped in Parrish's body in Beacon Hills. "

"Still." Malia said, standing up and  fighting to stop a shiver from rolling down her spine. "I'll feel a lot more at ease when everything's cleaned up."
"Me too." Isaac said from the other room.

So they started to clean. They worked in silence and when everything was done, it was morning.
"Should we get some sleep now?" Malia asked Isaac as they stood by the door to survey their work. He nodded.
"Probably and then we can go and check out the catacombs after dark. No one will be there."
It was then Malia realised how tired she actually was, all the adrenaline disappearing.
She yawned and could of fallen asleep right where she was standing, but Isaac led her to the bed. She fell asleep before her head had even hit the pillow.

●●●

Scott woke up to a sigh of frustration. He blinked at the light at his desk.
"Lydia?" He said sleepily

She was sitting at the desk, paper strewn everywhere and head in her hands.
"I can't figure out what it means?!" She said, "There has to be something that we are missing. I can feel it."

She picked up the handwritten book with the story in it and the book with everything about the hellhound.
"I've been having a look at this book," she said, turning in the chair around to face Scott and holding up the hellhound book.  " And there are more pages that have been hidden. There's one on mermaids. They can only be seen by a supernatural and eat dead humans who have drowned in the ocean. A bit disgusting. "

"Lydia. It's 4am. Come to sleep please. We can figure this out in the morning." Scott laid back down on the bed as Lydia came and sat on the side of it.
She also laid down and reached for Scotts hand. Scott knew she would be back at that table when he woke up, probably not even have gone to sleep but she was too stubborn to listen to him.
Scott fell asleep again to the sound of  Lydias gentle breathing.