Cabin

Now the sun lay high in the sky, instead of the moon that haunted Scott from the night before. He was back in the forest but was flanked by Lydia and Malia.

They had been searching the forest to find the old cabin that they had modified to catch a ghost rider. No one remembered when it was except for Stiles and he was gone.
Derek, Allison and Josh had gone in a different direction to scour the woods for it.

There was no doubt that Josh would be annoying Derek and Allison with questions about everything. Scott very nearly smiled at that thought but then the guilt of letting Stiles be taken came crashing down again. Scott stayed in neutral.

Lydia and Malia were talking quietly behind Scott. He could hear every word they said because of his supernatural hearing abilities.

"He hasn't spoken in a while." Malia whispered, " Do you think he's alright."
"Of course he's not alright!" Lydia said back, sounding exasperated, "His best friend was just taken from right infront of him. Knowing Scott, he probably is thinking about how he could've stopped it."

"But how is it any different from last time?"

"Last time Scott didn't remembered there was a Stiles, none of us did. He didn't have one to mourn and even when he knew who Stiles was, he was on the road to getting him back. This time we don't know where the road will go."

"He should be having time to rest and figure things out." Scott could almost sense Malia scowling at his back

"I know." Lydia replied in a saddened tone, "But this is a war and a leader dosent have time to mourn in a war. They push and push until they break or they win. And Scott can handle that, that's why he's a leader and we aren't. "

Malia didn't say anything back to that and the awkward silence came back until Scotts ringtone flared up.
"Derek?" he asked into the phone. Malia saw Scotts expression lighten just for a second. "They've found it."

●●●

Derek and Scott assessed the worn-down cabin. It was a little bit ragged but still functional. Corey and Mason had been called, mostly for knowledge but also because they could help rig up the cabin to trap a servent of death.

Scott was distracted as him and Mason worked on the inside of the cabin, still thinking back to Lydia and Malias conversation.
"Right." said Mason, pulling the hammer away from Scott for the 3rd time, just as he was about to hit some electrical wiring again. "What's wrong?"

Scott sighed,
"It's just everything about Stiles. I...I can't live without him and I don't know if we will ever get him back. "

Scott walked out of the electrical cage in the cabin and sat on one of the workbenches. "And it's also about something I heard Malia and Lydia talking about."
"What did they say?"
"Lydia said 'this is a war and a leader dosent have time to mourn in a war. They push and push until they break or they win. And Scott can handle that, that's why he's a leader and we aren't.' But i wonder maybe i have broken this time and we still have Monroe to worry about. "

"Hey don't think like that!" Mason came and sat next to Scott. "Nothing can break the famous Scott McCall, you're known everywhere for the things you've done to save people, and Lydia is right when she said that's the reason you're the leader and everyone else isn't. It's because all of us would be dead if it hadn't been for you, doing anything to save the people you love. And you can pull through again, even death can't stop Scott McCall."

Scott smiled. He couldn't let his pack down, not when they all depended on him. He couldn't loose a brother, a baiter, a hellhound and a treacherous liar that had saved lives so they probably should rescue him. No one else was going to die, not while he still lived.

Scott stood up, Mason's words filling him with a new kind of energy.
"Well what are we doing sitting around? Back to proofing this cage!"

Mason smiled and jumped right back to his feet and into the cage.

Everyone worked until nightfall, taking into consideration everything they knew to make this the perfect trap.
When the moon slowly begun to rise was when they finished.
Scott looked up at the cabin.

"Why did we ever think a net encased in wolfsbane would work?" he murmured but everyone still heard him anyway.
"I'm not sure." Lydia murmured back, leaning into Scott. She was covered in filth but somehow didn't seem to mind. Lydia had matured soo much from when they had first met her.

"Now all we need is bait." Scott turned around and smiled almost creepily at Malia.
"No. No way am I being bait. They are hunting me Scott!"
"That's why we need you to be bait because we know for sure they are coming after you. "
"Sorry can't do it." Malia slowly started to back away.

Allison grabbed Malia by one shoulder stopping her from transforming into a coyote and running away.
"Malia." Allison started, looking dead on into Malia's were-coyote eyes. "Do you want your dad back? Do you want Stiles, Liam and Parrish back?"

Malia stopped struggling and lay silent for a minute, before slowly nodding.

"If you want them back, you have to help us." Allison continued, "Do it for Isaac, you and him risked soo much coming back for us so don't let it be in vain."
Malia wrestled free of Allison's iron grip, looking towards the forest before nodding in defeat.
"I'll do it."

Scott nodded back in return.
"Don't let each other out of your sight and everyone be back here at midday."
Scott paused to study the gloomy forest. Soo much had happened in this place. "We have death to hunt."

And at those words, Malia smiled so psycotically that Josh took a careful step back before she transformed into a were-coyote and ran off.
Josh looked shocked.

"Can you all do that?!" He proclaimed, still staring at where Malia had disappeared and then back at Scott.

Scott laughed, for the first time in a while.
"Let's go home." He said, bringing Lydia into his arms as they all started the walk back in the moonlight.

●●●

Stiles didn't know how long it had been. He could've been trapped in his mind for hours, days, months or even years. Time worked different in here  and Stiles never seemed to get tired. It was just time and time after of wandering the corridors, trying everything he could to get out.

Stiles felt like he was going insane. The same twisting, turning and walking was doing something to his head. He would turn around suddenly and there would be a pair of glowing black eyes behind him, but they would disappear soo fast it had to be an illusion.

Other times there would be footsteps but when Stiles would turn around, there was nothing there. He wished soo desperately he had a room to take sanctuary but he didn't. It was just endless and endless wandering.