1

A/N- Rewritten, 1/6/20

Today would be big, today was going to change your life. Today- you knew- would be the start of your journey into being an adult. You'd be making big decisions, you'd be facing difficult tasks. College.

You had dreamed of going to college for years, ever since you were a little kid. You saw all these amazing people changing the world, and you wanted to be like them. One of the main people was George Washington, who owned a college by the name of 'Kings College.' The school was located in DC, and you craved to be there- to show everyone how you could make an impact and be just as intelligent as the other people out there.

Your whole life you had been silenced, not intentionally- you weren't abused. Your parents were just strict.

But, as an adult- your voice was expected to be heard. And you were excited for that time. You knew you needed to prepare, otherwise you would fail to make an impact- which is why you had been so obsessed with this college and with the intellectual people who changed this Earth.

A big, maroon backpack hung on your doorknob. You yanked it off and started packing. You already had most of your things packed in boxes that were to be shipped to the dorms, but you needed to pack things to keep you entertained on the plane ride there- and also needed to pack minor things for the while you didn't have a dorm.

You packed some books, art supplies, fidget toys, a few granola bars, a big water bottle, earbuds, and a phone charger. "It's not a lot, but it should be enough to hold me over till' I get to my dorm and am able to unpack." You thought, swinging the bag 'round your shoulder.

When you left, you'd be meeting your friends and traveling together. Your friends were John, Hercules, Lafayette and Alexander.

John Lauren's was your closest friend, the man was 5"7 and had brown, curly, long hair. Freckles splattered across his face like thousands of stars echoing through space. His eyes were a hazel green color, and shined in the light beautifully. He was the kindest person you'd ever met, and obsessed over nature- specifically underwater creatures. He also had a natural talent for art- traditional art, more specifically.

Hercules was a really good friend, you'd known him for a few years now. He had black, short, curly hair and dark skin. He liked to wear different bandanas, he owned at least ten different colors of them. Hercules enjoyed making clothes, and loved cracking dirty jokes- even at awful times.

Lafayette was a petite, short French man with black curly hair stuck up in a bun at all times. He was loud, friendly, and enjoyed socializing. He was also really involved in the LGBT+ community, talking about it all the time. He was really passionate about it.

Alex was short and skinny, basically a twig. He was loud, sometime grumpy- addicted to coffee and works too much. A big book addict, he spends 99.9% of the time reading, studying and doing homework. He's still cool, though. He was shorter than you- probably around 5"3. He had silky brown hair that was often messy and thrown into a ponytail. Alex wore baggy clothes and also loved listening to the Beatles.

You still had about an hour until you had to meet up with your buddies to head to the plane- so you decided to spend some time with your family beforehand.

/ Time Skip /

Around forty minutes later, you received a text- wanting to check it, you excused yourself from the living room and headed into the hallway near your bedroom. Opening your phone, you saw the text had come from a new group chat you had been added into.

Alexander: Alright, we all should meet each other and get ready to head to the airport soon. I was thinking we could meet at the closest cafe, it's a few minutes away from the airport- practically walking distance. It'd be the quickest option.