Could This Happen?

I was walking through the forest again when I found myself outside of Wendy's 'house'.

I looked around, 'Did I subconsciously walk here? Why would I do that?' As I continued to stand there looking around at the treeline, I noticed Wendy run by, crying. I wanted to smile in delight, but something was stopping me, I don't know if I felt bad for Wendy or understood her.

After all, Wendy just didn't want to grow up.

Our stories were almost the same, from getting caught by the teacher, to my father yelling at me. They were even talking about an arranged marriage for her.

I quickly realized what the feeling was. Empathy. Maybe I should talk to her... maybe I should try and..and...and BEFRIEND her. It was weird to think about, but it seemed like the right thing to do, I mean maybe this girl was just trying to find her escape through Peter like I had. An evil part of me was trying to talk me out of approaching the blonde haired girl in her 'home' but for some reason my childish mind rejected the idea of letting this girl continue to cry.

So I took a deep breath in and began to take soft, gentile steps towards her.

As I got to the front door I stopped, I heard sobs. The sound of them put another agonizing pain in my heart. I sighed deeply and 'knocked' on her door as snow began to fall around me. Peter must be away again.

"Wh-who's there?" I heard a tiny voice ask from the other side.

"It's Petra."

I said as the 'door' opened.

"Oh, what do you want?"she asked, quickly wiping the tears from her cheeks, trying to look un-phased.

"Look, Wendy. I'm done with this." I looked down at my hands, "It's obvious you win. Peter and I are forever children which is why I understand the want for something new over something old." Wendy looked at me surprised. "But if you want him, you are never allowed to leave Neverland. Or everything here will die." She looked at me confused once more, "That means no kids, no seeing your parents," I looked her straight in the eyes, "NEVER growing up. Understand?"

"So that's why he said..."She trailed off.

"Who said what?"I asked.

"He said I couldn't catch him and make him a man."

I smirked,"Oh, that was just Peter being Peter, he'd never grow up for anyone."

"I bet he'd grow up for you." My head whipped up and met her eyes, it was my turn to be surprised. "He obviously cares for you."

I sighed. "That explains why he stayed with you and didn't give me another glance." I said giggling.

"When Hook was about to kill him, who did he look at?"she asked me.

"Me."

"When we were together he always talked about you." She smiled at me. "You know when we went to that flower field he told me to forget about it and to never come back. When I asked why he said that it was 'our place', meaning you and him."

I gasped, he didn't lie. He really didn't take her there.

Oh, Peter. I'm so sorry.

"I think that it's the opposite way around." Wendy said.

"Whatever do you mean Wendy?" I asked.

"I think it's time for me to back down." her eyes began to tear up, "He's your's."

I smiled as I turned to leave her house. "I'm sorry for interrupting you. But please don't cry." I smiled at her one last time, "I think we can be great friends."

With that I walked off.