Everything Was Perfect Before You Came Along

By the time I tried to fly out after Peter he was out of sight. How is he still able to fly Maybe Peter just always has one happy thought.

I wonder what is it.

Really the only time I have seen him unable to fly is when I told him to stay away from me. Well not much I can do now. I know he'll come back eventually. So regretfully, I flew back into the tree house to find everybody crowded around Wendy still.

She looked at me carefully and spoke, "You know Petra, you could come with us."

I sighed and walked to my side of the hideout, "Wendy, you already know my answer to that."

She sighed, "I know, I just thought it was worth a shot is all. I think you and I could be great friends. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

I looked at her coldly, "You need to hear my answer to believe it? Fine, no Wendy. I won't leave Neverland. You know what's at stake if I do."

She walked off without a word after that, back to the boys all sitting on the ground, watching us. I feel like she's up to something still. I feel like she's only thinking about herself right now, that might turn out bad. I continued to sit on my bed in thought when a voice brought me out of it, "Oh and Petra." It was Wendy, I met her eyes. "Please don't be too mad about what I do."

I looked at her, confusion written across my face when Peter flew back in.

"I have arranged a fairy guide to lead you back." he said neutrally, trying to hide his dismay.

I looked at him, but he wouldn't meet my eyes.

Strange.

"Peter. We've been talking." Wendy replied, standing, the rest of the boys following her lead. "What if you came back with us?"

I stood up in shock.

Why that little! She knows what will happen, she knows.

I was right she was up to something.

Wait a minute.

She doesn't want me to be angry at her? Oh too bad Wendy! Cuz I'm furious!

The winds began to fly and the waters began to churn.

I. Was. Pissed.

So pissed that I was frozen in my own anger. Watching the scene before me, my knuckles turning white. Oh please Peter don't go.

Wendy told Peter to pack his things, to which he began to ask her questions. She gave him all the wrong answers.

"You're saying I should be a man. You can't catch me and make me a man."

That broke me out of my spell. He wouldn't leave. I quickly stood and stormed over to them.

"I wish always to be a boy, and have fun."

"You say so but I think it is your biggest pretend." Wendy replied.

At this moment I was at Peter's side and grabbed her wrist.

"Good luck in you're life Wendy." Then pushed her away.

As she walked away I turned to Peter.

"You okay?"

"Of course I am! I always have fun!" he said, obviously wanting to hide the pain, then he turned to me, "A-are you leaving too?"

"Why does it matter?"

I asked knowing perfectly well it did, and knowing perfectly well I wasn't.

"If you go, maybe I'll go too." I looked at him with shock written in my features, "We could be adult sized children." he said with a smile.

I looked at him, then that weird feeling came over me again. Before I knew what was happening I was hugging Peter. Of course I expected him to push me away immediately; but instead he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tighter.

"Don't fret Peter, it's better to have fun in a place where you always stay young-never grow old. A place where fun is always there and an adventure is waiting around every corner."

I pulled away as I finished my little speech, "The place I want to stay is this lovely little place called Neverland."

He smiled a true smile and out of nowhere he was flying again.

"Good! I didn't actually want to go anyway."

Eventually we both got tired and walked off to our beds which were beside each other.

Slowly each of the boys walked up to me and said goodbye putting sad tears in my eyes.

But I think the saddest part was none of them went up to Peter, who was playing his little tune on his pipes. Eventually all of them were outside and only Wendy remained.

"Don't forget your medicine." she said sadly and left, giving me one last apologetic glance, which I did not return nicely.

Peter looked sadly at the spot Wendy last stood, "Peter, I promised to always be by your side. So, if you want to go, than I shall go with you." I said beginning to feel a slight fatigue overtake me.

"Well I wish to stay here." he said smiling, settling into his bed as well.

"Than here we shall stay."