Than Here We Shall Stay

"I was not asleep!" I heard Peter yell through my dreamy haze.

I began to fall back asleep when I heard a familiar squeaking.

Tinkerbell!

I quickly shot up in my bed and looked over to her and Peter. Peter looked upset, Tink looked...sick?

"You drank my medicine!" he yelled as she began coughing.

I quickly stood up and like a shot I was beside Tink.

"What's wrong? What's going on Tink?!" I asked as I caught her from falling off a desk.

"Medicine was... poisoned."

"NO!"

"Tink, why is your light going out?" Peter asked as I began to scream.

"Who? Who was it? Wendy?!"

She shook her head no. I thought again as I came to a realization,

"Hook."

It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"Tink, why are you so cold?"

Peter seemed to be infatuated on Tink going out, not being able to keep up with our dialogue. 

In an instant I was holding Tink in my hands, trying to warm her up.

"You can't die Tink, not now, not like this..." I said sadly while she smiled at me reassuringly, giving both me and Peter one last loving look.

Then she closed her eyes, and her light went out.

My first thoughts were,

'Where is Wendy?! How else would Hook know where the tree house was?'

But then looking back down at Tink, who was now in Peter's hands, I realized I didn't care. I was done with fighting Wendy, wanting vengeance against Wendy, being jealous of Wendy.

Wendy, Wendy, WENDY!

Only now, at a time like this did I realize that I had been making everything about Wendy!

But now wasn't Wendy's time, screw Wendy. Now is Tink's time. Peter slowly and sadly took Tink out into the forest like a proper funeral. 

Once we reached the forest I turned to him, "Peter. Peter what are we going to do?"

The sadness began to come over my like a tidal wave, I knew I was beginning to make the waters dangerous with sadness. He didn't answer me and put our dead friend on the ground.

"Peter?"

No answer.

"Peter, please answer me." I said with tears clouding my vision.

But once again no response was given, instead Peter continued to look at Tink sadly and said, "Please come back, PLEASE Tink don't leave me."

At this point I had dropped to my knees beside Peter and was side hugging him, burying my face into his shoulder.

"Forgive me Tink, I'm so sorry."

This is when a rare occasion occurred.

The skies began to snow storm when Peter was still in Neverland.

This showed me how disgruntled Peter truly was.

"I'm so sorry Tink, please forgive me!"

Then he bellowed out our beloved fairy friends name.

That truly pushed me over the edge, "Peter, please. Please stop."

He finally seemed to hear me.

"We are going to save her, she can't go."

I pulled away from him sadly, gingerly placing my clean left hand over his dirty right one.

"Peter, she's de-"

"Don' say it. Are you- are you telling me that you don't believe?" he asked looking sadly into my eyes.

"What? Of course I do."

"Than say it, say it and mean it." he said, lifting my hand up and placing it into his, inter-winding our fingers.

Seeing Peter so serious was such a strange sight, but I did as he asked.

"I do Peter, I do believe in fairies."

"You do?"

"I do, I do. I do believe in fairies. I do, I do." 

Now, Peter had joined me in saying it, by the fifth time we had said it I realized something. Peter wanted us to chant it. I also noticed why. He thinks that if saying you don't believe in fairies will kill them, then why wouldn't the reverse work too?

I looked at up at him, 'Seems like Peter doesn't just have a boy's mind after all.'

We continued to chant as snow fell around us like little pieces of hope falling from the heavens. Spontaneously, Peter and I both stood at the same time and continued to chant. Peter leaned down a scooped Tink up in one hand and rays of sunshine began to peep through the forest leaves. We continued to chant when I heard Peter gasp.

"Oh Tink you're alive. Oh Tink!"

We both looked at on another happily and cheered as Tink flew around us.

Once she came back down she looked at us skeptically.

"Tink! I'm so happy you're alive!" I said bursting with happiness.

"Mhmm" she said looking down between Peter and I.

We both looked at her strangely and then looked to where she was looking. Our hands were still connected in a strong hold. Both Peter's and my own head snapped up to look at each other, blushing. Peter then released my hand and we looked away from each other.

"S-sorry." Peter said.

"Oh, it's nothing." I said  looking over at him smiling.

We both then turned to Tink to see her smirking at the both of us mischievously.

"Oh shut it you." I said while turning back to Peter.

"Now then, how bout we go and get Hook?" I asked Peter with a dangerous look on my face.

"Wait! You're not going to fight are you." he asked looking like he was getting excited.

"Hell ya I'm going to fight!" I said turning towards the hide out to get our needed supplies.

Hook's about to get the fight of his life.