-Chapter Seven-

_____

_____

I sighed, tucking my hands into my pockets as I sat in the booth.

Only moments later, Peter showed up with a smirk of a smile, as usual. He sat down and the waitress came to take our orders.

We had gotten food and drinks, feasting in as questions seemingly filled Peter's mind.

"What is your last name?" Peter asked, seemingly unconcerned that this is a question I don't want to answer.

"Why are you wondering?" I tried to sneak my way around the question. He shrugged.

"Simply wondering," he smiled. "So what do you want to do?"

"Huh?" I asked, chewing on a fry. He took a swig of his drink.

"After school. What do you want to do?" He clarified.

"Oh, that's a tough one." I tapped my chin. There were many things I wanted to do. I wanted to help mutants. Or just help people in general. "I want to help people. I don't know how, but I want to protect those who can't protect themselves."

"So, a police officer?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No," I shook my head with a smile. "I want to help underprivileged children. Or rehabilitate traumatized soldiers. Or protect people from big threats with-" I cut myself off, realizing I said too much.

"With what?" He asked, tilting his head. With my powers. I couldn't say my powers.

"Never mind. You're probably bored listening to me drown in about the good of humanity," I shook my head with a smile.

"No! Not at all. I like listening to you," he smiled. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"So what about you? What do you want to do?" I asked, taking a bite of my hamburger. He leaned back in the bench seat.

"I don't know..." he sighed.

"That's okay," I shrugged. "I can't make much money off of helping people, so I still have to figure that out. Okay, now tell me about your family."

"Well, I have a mother."

"What's her name?" I asked, wanting to hear everything I can about Peter's family. I'm not sure if it's because it's Peter's family, or it's just a family.

"Magda," he smiled. "And I have a sister."

"I wish I had siblings," I smiled.

"So you're an only child?" He asked. I nodded.

"My Mom and my dad-" I cut myself off. Why do I keep slipping up? Why do I keep almost telling him everything I'm trying to keep a secret. "They just never had another child." I shrugged, trying play off my slip up. I was going to say that they died before they had another child. Well, they were murdered actually. Peter nodded, noticing that I didn't want to go into detail. I was thankful he respected the fact that I didn't want to talk and he didn't ask questions.

Suddenly, I felt my heart rate pick up as my adrenaline rose. I could feel a panicked energy outside, in the back alley behind the restaurant. It was a girl. She was scared. Another energy was by her. It was a man. He was vicious.

"I-I have to go. I'm sorry," I stammered out, jumping up from my seat and throwing some money down onto the table. I ran out of the door, leaving a probably very confused Peter behind me.

I rushed into the alley, finding the girl pinned against the wall by the man, holding her neck. She screamed in fear while he smirked.

"Nobody is here to help you," he spat.

"You might want to rethink that," I walked down the alley, towards them. He turned towards me, keeping the girl held in place. She whimpered.

"Go away, little girl. Or you'll be stuck in the same position she's in," he glared at me.

"I'm not going anywhere," I planted my feet.

"Fine," he shrugged. "This'll be fun." He let go of the girl's neck, walking towards me. She dropped onto her hands and knees, gasping.

"Go," I told her. She looked from me to the man and back to me before scrambling to her feet and running off into the night.

"Don't go easy on me, sweetheart," he smirked.

"Okay, you asked for it," I shrugged. He ran at me, throwing a punch at my head. I ducked it, punching him in the throat. "Let's make this quick," I mumbled as he stumbled back. I grabbed him by the throat as he had done to the girl. I pushed him back against a brick wall, holding him in place. I knew my eyes looked bloodthirsty, making fear spark within the man.

"I-i promise. I will never...hurt another human again," he choked out. I tilted my head.

"I wish I could believe you...but I can't," I smirked, letting the energy flow into my fingers. The energy sparked out of my hand and went into his chest, hitting him just enough to make him go unconscious. I let go of his neck, letting him slump to the ground. "Piece of crap," I mumbled.

I then turned around, expecting to be met with nothing but the dark opening to the alley, which I was. But standing in the middle of that opening, was Peter. His mouth was gaping open.

"Oh, shit," I mumbled, staring at him. "How long have you been standing there?" Just by the look of his face, I could tell he could see everything. The thing that confused me, though, was his emotions weren't fear or disgust. He was simply surprised and impressed.

Author's Note:
So he knows about her powers!
The excitement is just beginning.
Thank you for reading!💕