-Chapter Fifteen-

_____

_____

The man by the apparent name of Logan hit the metal once more with the hammer. It finally broke open, beeping as its abilities failed.

"If you told me the secret was to wack it with a hammer, I could've done that," I grumbled.

"You haven't changed at all," Logan chuckled. I knit my eyebrows together in confusion, but ignore him. I focused on reading the three's emotions. Logan was calm. Stone cold. Hank, as I found out he was named, was nervous as his eyes darted around the room. And the last one, Charles, was intrigued as he stared at me.

"So what's your power?" He asked in his thick accent. I smiled. I held up my hands, rotating them around each other and twirling my fingers around in the air. Red energy circulated my hands. It flowed out of everything. I took it out of the video games, out of the radio, out of the lights, I even took some out of Logan. It all flowed into my fingertips, creating a ball of energy in my hands. I dropped my hands, letting the energy disperse and go back into whatever I took it out of.

"I can manipulate, generate, gather and store man made and natural energy," I smiled, glad to feel the energy of my powers surging through me again.

"Simply extraordinary," Charles smiled in awe.

"She an omega level mutant," Hank whispered to Charles, who nodded.

His smile deflated. "Wait, can you read minds?" I let out a shaky breath.

"Technically yes, but I don't like too," I answered him, ignoring everyone else's eyes on us.

"You can control them, can't you?" He asked. I nodded. "You can control anything that uses energy. You could control any human in the world. Any mutant in the world..." He quirked an eyebrow at me. "So why don't you?"

"I know what it feels like to be trapped and I will never inflict that on another person," I shook my head. Charles stared at me for a minute, searching my face.

"Should we go over the plan then?" Charles asked, looking around at the group. They all nodded as we walked out of the house. Peter stopped me on my way out.

"You can read minds?" He asked, his eyes wide. I nodded. "Well I better start controlling what I think around you."

•••

"I'll make sure the cameras are out and then I'll meet you all in the kitchen," I nodded, agreeing with my placement in the plan.

We were driving to the Pentagon, which was so far the most boring part. But, I'm sure I'll miss this drive when there's a gun pointed at my head.

Currently, I was squished in between Peter and Hank, since the rental car was very small. I was half way on top of Peter's lap, but his smirk told me he didn't mind. Hank eyed us, his emotions saying he was curious.

"So how do you two know each other?" Hank asked. Peter and I looked at each other.

"He was stalking me behind our high school," I smiled. Peter made a look of surprise and betrayal.

"No, I just happened to be walking behind you," Peter shook his head.

"That's what a stalker would say," I joked. He pushed my hair in front of me face as an attempt to shut me up. I brushed the hair out of my face an hit my shoulder against his.

"I always wondered what they were like when they were teenagers. Turns out, they tell the exact same story of how they met decades later," Logan laughs. Peter and I looked at each other, confused.

"Logan, don't give too much away of their future," Charles mumbled to him. Logan shook his head.

"They already know what's going to happen between them," he mumbled back. Peter had a feeling of confusion, but there was also something else. Hidden under the confusion, was hope. Hope for what? I ignored it as I shook my head to myself.

"Do you two live together?" Charles asked.

"No, I live alone," I shook my head.

"Well, where are your parents?" Hank asked. I noticed Logan staring at me from the rear view mirror. He knew.

"They're..." I looked up at Peter who had eyes telling me he was sorry. I looked back down at my hands. "They're not around."