-Chapter Sixteen-

_____

_____

"Be careful," I told Peter.

"I always am," he smiled with a wink. He then headed down the hallway and into the elevator.

I walked up the stairs to level two, opening the door and coming face to face with two guards.

"Miss, you're not supposed to be in this level!" One of them yelled. Both of them started walking towards me, taking their guns out. I held my right hand straight out in front of me, using the left to move around the right hand in a circle motion, creating an energy field around the front of my torso. They shot at me, but the bullets hit the energy shield and fell to the ground, useless. I walked up to the two of them, kicking on in the stomach before letting my energy field fall and grabbing the other by the head, forcing my knee into his stomach. They both fell to the ground in pain. I then thrusted my hands over their bodies, letting the energy seep into their minds and force them to go to sleep.

I could feel another soldier run around the corner and I could hear his footsteps. I held up my right hand, creating a tiny force field just in my palm. He opened fire on me. I walked forward, deflecting the bullets off of my hand. Once I made it to him, I grabbed the gun buy the barrel, yanking it out of his hands and using the butt of the gun to hit him in the temple. He fell to the ground and I continued walking through the level.

I checked each room for more guards, make sure each of them were unconscious or would be on the ground for a while.

I felt the energy of multiple guards coming towards me. Some from behind and others from the front. Soon enough, I was surrounded in the middle of a circle of guards.

"Stand down!" One of them yelled. "Get your hands on your head!"

Slowly, I lifted my hands to my head, but just before they touched my head, I let a wave of energy fly out of my body. The power exploded from me and hit all of the guards, spreading out through the room until it ended at the walls. Every guard fell to the ground.

I headed to the kitchen area, meeting Charles and Logan.

"Level two secure," I told them as I walked in, folding my sleeves up to my elbows. I looked down at the two guards on the ground. "Nice work," I smiled as I noticed the fry pan in Logan's hand. He dropped it on the floor, the room echoing with a clank.

The elevator beeped, the doors whooshing open. I stared at the elevator, noticing a brown haired man in a prison uniform with Peter standing behind him. Charles punched the man, Erik. Peter smiled at me, seeming un-concerned with the men arguing beside him. I didn't have time to react to him as I felt a guard running up behind me.

"Lyra-" Logan yelled to warn me, but I had already turned around. I grabbed the barrel of his gun with my left hand, punching him in the face with my right. He stumbled back as I took his gun and threw it on the floor. Quickly, I placed my hand in front of his chest and took the energy out of his body, making him go weak and fall down.

I turned back around, brushing my hair out of my face. They all stared at me.

"What?" I shrugged, walking over to the group.

"How many did you take out?" Logan asked.

"I stopped counting after twenty," I told him. He looked at me for a minute before shrugging.

"Damn," I heard Peter mumble behind me. I looked at him with a smirk before turning back to the door.

"There's about...seven soldiers coming in. They're at the door and all of them have guns," I told the group. The group of men showed up in front of the door, spreading out around the room.

"Nobody move! Hands up!" One of the guards yelled.

"Charles," Erik said.

"Don't move! Hands up or we will shoot!"

"Freeze them, Charles!" Erik yelled.

"I can't," Charles told Erik.

"Hands up!" Another guard yelled. Erik raised his hands, making all of the metal in the room lift into the air.

"No!" Charles yelled, putting his hand on Erik's chest. They shot their guns. I raised my hands, creating an energy field around myself. But it didn't matter as the bullets flew past us and all of the soldiers went flying around the room within the blink of an eye. I was confused as to what had happened, until I saw Peter standing in the middle of it all, taking his earbuds out of his ears.

"Nice job," Logan patted Peter on the shoulder as he walked past. I looked up at Peter who had a smile on his face.

"C'mon you idiot," I rolled my eyes smiled at him as I grabbed his wrist, dragging him out of the kitchen.