-Chapter Eleven-

_____

_____

Peter's POV

"Mom!" I yelled as I entered the house, carrying Lyra. My mother ran up to the two of us. She gasped, looking at Lyra. "It's a long story."

"Uhh, I'll find her some clean clothes," my mother nodded to herself before running off. Thankfully, my sister was already asleep in her room. She didn't need to see Lyra like this. "Bring her in here!"

I obeyed my mother and carried Lyra into the bathroom, noticing my mother already had a bath ready for her.

"You don't need help...do you?" I asked, awkwardly.

"No, of course not. I'll need you once I'm done, though. To carry her out," my mom explained to me. I set Lyra down on the floor, propping her up against the bath tub. My mother pushed me out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

•••

I was sitting on the couch anxiously, bouncing my leg when my mom walked out of the bathroom. She nodded to me in the direction of the bathroom, saying she needed help. I got up and walked into the bathroom, finding Lyra again propped up against the outside of the tub. The ends of her hair were wet and starting to curl. It framed her face nicely.

"She gained slight consciousness and was able to help me dress herself, but then she blacked out again," my mom explain, standing behind me. I looked down at Lyra, noticing she was wearing one of my shirts. It was long and reached just above her knees, seeming to be appropriate sleeping attire. "She's too small for any of my clothes," my mom explained. I nodded, understanding. "I figured she could sleep downstairs on the couch, so that she won't be disturbed in the morning," my mom explained.

"I'll stay with her. To make sure she's okay," I told my mom. She stared at me for a second before smiling and nodding. She agreed that was best.

•••

Lyra spent the entire night zoning in and out of consciousness. She had multiple nightmares, including screaming and thrashing. I usually was able to call her down pretty quickly. Whenever I touched her or woke her up, it seemed that her nightmare just disappeared. So I just decided to hold her hand as she slept, not that I was complaining.

She was sleeping on the couch while I slept next to her on the floor, her hand intertwined with mine off the side.

At one point, she was full out screaming when I woke her up. She sat up, panicked, but calmed down when she looked at me.

"It's okay, Lyra. I'm here," I whispered to her. A tear dripped down her face, which she wiped up quickly.

"Why are you on the floor?" She asked me, looking down at my blankets on the ground. It seemed that every time she woke up, she couldn't remember anything after the alley. This is the longest she has been awake yet, so it's not like I've had to continuously re-explain things to her.

"Because I like the floor," I smiled as I patted the floor. I decided it was easier to just explain everything in the morning, when she was completely awake. She looked down for a second then looked back up at me.

"Will you sleep with me?" She asked. I looked at her for a minute before nodding.

"Yeah. Move over," I smiled as I got up. She scooted up to the front of the couch and I slipped under the blankets at the back. The couch was very small, so I had to wrap my arms around her, although I didn't mind it all that much. She turned and faced my chest, snuggling in close to me. I had my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me.

"You're warm," she mumbled. I laughed, lightly.

"Shut up and go to sleep," I told her. She nodded, only snuggling in even closer to me.

•••

Author's Note:
I warned you guys that it would get gushier.
Next chapter you'll find out more about Lyra's past!
Thanks for reading!