-Chapter Nine-

_____

_____

I laughed as Peter opened the door, smiling at me. Surprisingly, not much has changed since we found out about each other's powers.

I entered the pretty house, noticing the energy of two other people as we entered. Peter and I had a big History exam coming up, so we decided to study together at Peter's house. I could feel a young girl energy. His little sister. She was vibrant and full of happiness. She ran up as she heard the door open. Peter dropped his bags on the floor next to him, running up to her. She jumped up into his arms, giggling as Peter swung her around. He then stopped, holding her on his side. She looked at me with a smile and whispered in Peter's ear.

"I know she is. Now why don't you tell her that?" He asked her. She smiled.

"You're really pretty!" The little girl gushed out with a smile.

"Awe, thank you-" I said and was cut off by another voice.

"Peter, honey! Is that you?" A female voice yelled from what I'm assuming is the kitchen area. The energy of the woman was tried, yet vibrant and happy.

"It's me Mom! And Lyra!" Peter yelled back. Peter then started twirling around, causing his sister to giggle. He spun into the living room before dropping his giggling sister onto the couch. I was a little confused as to why he said 'and Lyra' instead of 'and a friend' but I brushed it off.

"C'mon, Lyra," Peter smiled, nodding me over towards him. I walked out of the eatery way and into the living room, watching as a motherly figure pat Peter on the cheek. Peter pretended to grimace at her touch as she turned to look at me.

"Oh aren't you just beautiful, my dear," the woman smiled, walking over and hugging me. I savored the hug. It felt as if I was being hugged by my mother again. I missed her hug already as she let go. "Peter has told me so much about you!" She smiled at Peter, who went wide eyed behind her. I giggled at his reaction.

"He's told me a lot about you too," I smiled.

"We're going to go downstairs to study," Peter explained.

"Okay," she smiled. "And let me know if you need anything."

•••

"What were the name of the laws that caused segregation in the United States?" I asked, reading out my text book.

"The Jim Crow laws," Peter answered, throwing a ball into the air.

"And when were they abolished?"

"Nineteen sixty four."

"Correct," I dragged out the word.

"Okay can we do something fun now?" Peter whined.

"This test is ten percent of our grade!"

"So what?" Peter shrugged. I laughed, looking back up at the book. I was holding it above my head, my torso laying against the ground with my feet propped up on his couch. Peter was laying on the couch, his legs sprawled out on it. Papers were scattered next to him and on top of him, one of which was on top of his face that he was blowing into the air with his breath.

"What do you want to do?" I asked, closing my book and setting it next to me. He looked down at me, a glint of mischief in his eyes

•••

The music blared out of the radio, the light tap of the ping pong ball hitting the board as it bounced back and forth.

"This is not a fair game!" I yelled as Peter swung his arm in his super speed motion.

"You're the one who challenged me to a rematch!" He yelled back with a laugh. So far, I had lost to every game Peter and I have played, but he has used his powers every time.

"Shit," I grumbled as he scored on me, winning the game. I collapsed onto the couch, crossing my arms in a huff. He sat down next to me. "Don't smirk at me like that."

"Smirk like what?" He chuckled, his smirk growing.

"I hate you," I scrunched my face in annoyance.

"C'mon," he nudge me. "You love me." He tilted his head. I stuck my tongue out at him.

•••

Author's Note:
Next chapter will get a little more intense meaning violence and such. The chapters after that will be more sappy and gushy though.
They're going to meet Wolverine and everyone soon though, so the real story line is coming!