| f i v e ; before - 1 |

/////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
——————————————————-
• W o n d e r i n g - i f - h e - e v e n - l o v e d -
h i m - n e a r l y - a s - m u c h •
————————————————
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////

The two boys were searching their rooms for any decent outfit for their date that night.
They needed it to be perfect, although each one would love the other regardless of what they were wearing.

Bill was throwing on outfits as his best friend, the only friend that knew he was gay and had a thing for Richie, Beverly laid on his bed and gave her honest opinion.

While Richie did the same thing, only Ben was the one to give him his honest opinion. Beverly and Ben would text each other about how Bill, or Richie in Ben's case, was acting and how they felt about their date with each other.

Of course, to no surprise, they were extremely excited. It was a sight to see, to see your best friends over joyed in excitement over something that seemed like no big deal to them.

Finally, after many attempts, they each settled on a simple outfit, realizing the other would probably not notice what they were wearing anyway.

Bill had sent Beverly away, telling her he'd see her at the party. Bill had struggles with his weight, his father always on his ass for being underweight, claiming he would never be a man if he was too fat or if he was too skinny.

His father looked at him in disgust, being that he was so weak sometimes to even open up a fucking pickle jar.

Bill had ate less just to avoid being stared at by his father, and picked up weights. Henry, himself, had been helping Bill with that, of course it being a secret to the other losers.

So, Bill grabbed his backpack, that carried the clothes he'd wear to the party, and headed out his door, saying goodbye to Georgie and heading towards the garage to get his bike, Silver.

————————
A bike ride later..
————————

Bill pulled into a dirt road, parking his bike on the side and running as he glanced down at his watch every now and then to make sure he'd get there in time and still be able to make it to the party in time.

Henry leaned against a tree, his foot tapping the ground, humming along to a song as he heard the faint voice of his father in the back of his head.

Bill stopped, throwing his backpack on the ground and trying to catch his breath. "I-I'm here!" He said in between breaths, now catching Henry's attention as he moved away from the tree.

Henry chuckled and shook his head, "I'm surprised you even showed up after the movies. Y'know that was a dick move, Denbrough." Bill rolled his eyes, knowing he'd bring it up sooner or later, just hoping it would've been later rather than sooner.

"Hen—"

"I didn't have to come today, you do know that right? In fact.." Henry moved closer to Bill and smirked before circling him, "I could beat your ass up and leave you here to die." If Henry would've said this to bill a year ago, maybe, maybe he would've been scared.

But Bill knew Henry, a bit more than he liked, but he knew just what made Henry so evil. They both had asshole fathers who made their lives hell.

"Sh-Shut up, Henry. Let's s-start before we wuh-waist anymore time." Bill balled his hands into fists and put them up, parting his legs with his shoulders as he bent his knees.

Henry nodded and walked behind Bill, fixing his stance before he held the punching bag in front of him.

Bill gave a few swings, already starting to sweat and groan as he stared down at his knuckles that were turning red. Henry sighed and stopped the punching bag from swinging and hitting him before stopping in front of Bill.