Wish

Hei stepped out of the shower dripping water all over the place as he walked over to his mirror.

His hair was covering his eyes so he couldn't exactly see his reflection, not that he really cared about it.

Why'd he hit him? There were better ways to handle the situation but of course he had to hit him in his face. Real fucking smooth.

He didn't know why he'd gotten upset though, this was the choice he made when he'd decided to leave his family to hunt Tallone.

Tallone, that bitch was taking from him even now but he wouldn't let her win. He'd hunt her down and destroy her like the ant she really was.

But first, he had to get ready for Kei's special day.

Locking away his anguish like the pro he was, he began to blow dry his hair and prepare for the day.

When he finally left his room, he was clad in all black attire with his hair tied back in a stylish spiky ponytail.

Apparently Cain had the same idea as him because when he found him in the living room, he was in an all gray sweat suit.

Kei immediately ran over to him and latched onto his leg.

He could understand why he was being clingy, he just didn't want his mommy to leave again.

"Nice hair."

Hei looked over at Cain who was peeking over his book to look at him.

"Well it's a special day so I need a special appearance."

"You sure that's for Kei, or is that to take your mind off Haise?"

"He told you."

"Didn't have to, I could see your handprint fading away on his cheek."

"I'm not apologizing."

"You shouldn't. He was being very disrespectful and he is your son."

"No. He's yours."

"Hei you know you don't mean that."

"I do."

"You're hurting."

"Look can we just enjoy Kei's birthday? Please? I'd rather not talk about this right now."

"Fine. His outfit is on his bed, I'll go see if Haise's ready."

Cain sighed and put his book down after Hei left with his son, this was going to be a tiresome day.

He made his way to Haise's room and walked in to find the boy fully dressed and staring off into space.

"Hey."

"Oh..hi."

"Your dad's getting Kei ready so we should be going soon."

"He's not my dad..."

"Yes he is. You're just hurting right now, you don't mean it."

"Yes I do."

He groaned internally as the boy began scowling at his feet. Like father like son. He couldn't help but laugh.

"Come on, your brother awaits."

"Okay...Papa?"

"Hm?"

"He loves me right?"

"Of course he does."

"Then why does he hurt me?"