Mai

Fox, Cain, Ellie, Silver, Laila, Ahnisti, Yuno, and Yuki all stood and glowered at their enemies.

Jan, Zachary, Yin, and Charlie on the other hand just gave them little smiles as if they'd been waiting anxiously for this day.

"Quite impressive really, your little light show. That has got to be the handiwork of your friend Jay Hart right Cain? I'll have to pay him a visit after this."

"You assume you'll walk away from this alive and that's where you made your second mistake."

"And what pray tell was my first?"

"You threatened my husband."

Fox looked over at Cain but immediately locked his eyes back on Charlie and sneered.

"Oh the little fox missed me Jan. Can I go play with him?"

"In a minute. Fox, it's good to see you fully restored and ready to battle but I ask you this. Why prolong the inevitable? You know you can't win, you know we're stronger than you, so why not just surrender and make your end easier?"

"I've always enjoyed a challenge Jan, and fighting you lot is exactly what I need to get back on top."

"Nearly losing that monster really changed you."

He grit his teeth and gripped the hilt of his sword, basically seething with rage at the mere mention of his son being a monster.

He was being irrational and letting emotion guide him, and Charlie picked up on it.

"I'll have to finish what I started last time, and this time he won't survive his injuries."

That was it, Fox unsheathed his weapon and found himself going toe to toe with Charlie again, leaving Cain and the rest to deal with the others.

"Good grief."

"That's what happens when you side with an unstable being."

"You would know, so who's pulling your strings puppet?"

"So you know about that?"

"It wasn't that hard to figure out, you're good an all but all of this coordination and specific tactics just aren't up your alley Jan. I would know, I read your files."

"Oh dear I really wish you hadn't because now you really do have to die. That's classified information not fit for the eyes of Yankee pricks."

"Is that a bit of anger I detect?"

"No. Just irritation."

Jan pulled out a pair of gloves and started placing them on his hands.

"What do you say we settle this like gentlemen? Nothing like a good round of fisticuffs to settle a dispute."

"Sure, I'm down. Alright you guys, you're left with Zachary and Yin. You've read their files and you know their skill sets but still don't underestimate them. I'll take care of their little ringleader."

Yuki and the rest nodded as Cain cracked his knuckles and followed Jan to another area of the bridge, leaving the majority of his team behind.

For some reason though, he felt as if he was leaving them in the jaws of a lion. Zachary and Yin seemed easy to handle and that's what made them unpredictable.

Yin approached them first and gave them a respectful bow while Zach merely gave them a prideful smirk.

Ahnisti and Yuno had scores to settle with these two but knew they couldn't  just rush in and leave themselves open. They needed a plan.