Fade to Black

Jay was a fucking maestro when it came to computers and tech, and had already hacked into the English government's classified files without alerting them.

"Alright, Jan Lucifer. Age 29, born and raised in England, was the top in all of his classes and is currently the captain of the Queen's special forces. Zachary Moon, age 26, born and raised blah blah blah same as Jan. Yin, age unknown, origin unknown, extremely skilled in hand to hand combat and weapon use. Charlie Black, age 8, born and raised in an abusive household, taken and trained as a small child, extremely volatile with a bit of a deranged personality, and extremely skilled with blades. So far that's all I've been able to gather so I hope it's enough."

Fox analyzed the screen and let out a sigh as he walked away from it.

"So basically us times ten?"

"Basically. That Jan character seems like he'll give you a run for your money but the others, not so much."

"Don't underestimate them, they're on that team for a reason. On our old team, you had to be the most ruthless and deadly."

"Sounds like you but is that still the case? Can you honestly say your heart is still hardened?"

Fox growled in response but Jay just smirked and went back to his screen, making Cain the one to talk him down.

"What he means is, are you still the same Fox that can handle things like this?"

"Of course I am."

"Then there's no time to waste."

"Agreed, we should-"

*CRASH*

"That sounded like it came from across the hall."

"Where you sent your boys to watch over Sora while he sl- shit."

Both men bolted out of the room and opened the door to find Sora standing on the bed growling like a feral beast while Haise had Kei pushed behind him while he stood with knives at the ready.

"Haise put em away."

"Sora down."

"But Papa!"

"But Daddy!"

"Mama!"

Both men sighed and grabbed their brats before anymore fighting broke out.

Sora latched onto Fox and kept scowling at Haise while the latter did the same but with Cain and Kei.

"Well I suppose now's as good a time as any. Kids, meet your stepbrother Sora. He'll be staying with us for awhile."

"And Sora these are your brothers. Say hi."

But no introductions were made, instead all the children just glared at one another like they'd been enemies for life.

"Daddy why the hell are we entertaining this novices?"

"We need them."

"But we can do it our-"

"Sora."

His voice was soft, charming and stern, a combination that made the boy curl into a ball and stop speaking immediately.

"You've got him trained?"

"No. All children tend to shy away and hush when their parent uses a specific tone with them. There's no threat of getting spanked, time out, or any of that shit. Just good old fashioned respect and fear."

"Tch, I still have to whoop these two every now and again."

"Tragedy."

Cain smirked at this since it was something that Hei always used to say when he or others were in a dilemma.

"Listen Cain, can you and the boys give us a minute alone? I need to explain some things."

"Sure, come on guys let's go find Silver."

Cain got up and took his sons with him, leaving Fox and Sora alone in silence.

"You're gonna tell me something bad huh?"

"Not really bad but you'll definitely hate the idea."

"Great..."

"Tonight we're taking on the team who took us down. You'll be staying here with Haise and Kei."

"No!! You can't do that!!"

"I can and I am. You have no say in the matter."

"B-But..."

"No buts, this was my mission to begin with and the best way for you to help me is to stay out of my way. I can't perform at max while worrying about you getting taken the fuck out."

"Oh..."

Fox knew the way he'd phrased it had hurt the boy's feelings so he hugged him tight and kissed the top of his head.

"I just want you to be safe okay? I don't know what I'd do if you were to be killed. These people...they're unlike any I've ever faced before. They can actually hurt us."

"I know but I still...I don't want anything to happen to you either."

"I'll make you a promise, I'll come back for you. Just knowing you're here safe and sound is enough motivation for me to keep on fighting and win. How's that sound?"

"...okay. I love you Daddy."

"I love you too, more than you'll ever know."

And the hug continued without Sora ever knowing that Fox had pulled out a blade to end his life, but put it away when he realized he just couldn't bring any harm to the boy.

Later on that night the team found themselves walking down the middle of Westminster Bridge.

"You never told me why Ellie's here Cain, you'd think the bitch that tried to kill your kids would be dead by now."

"Ellie is skilled in a variety of things and one them happens to be combat. She can keep up with us, trust me."

"Whatever, as long the bitch keeps her distance from me."

Ellie scowled in Fox's direction but opted out of arguing since they had bigger fish to fry.

There, approaching them from the opposite end of the bridge was Jan, Zachary, Yin, and Charlie all looking incredibly excited.

"Hart, do it."

"Read ya loud and clear Cain. London Bridge is falling DOWN!!"

Jay pressed a singular button on his laptop and immediately, explosions erupted from both ends of the bridge.

People had been injured, were screaming, and had even died but none of the opposing teams seemed to give a fuck and continued approaching one another.

This was it, they were playing for keeps and only a few would walk away with their lives.

"Jan."

"Cain."

"Charlie."

"Foxy."