Lost N' Found

Hei, Silver, Laila, and Yuki had gathered in one of the dens to plan out their next attack on Tallone.

Their past attempts had always been met with heavy resistance and it seemed as though no matter what they did they were found out.

There was an obvious reason for this but no one wanted to address it. To address the fact that one of them could be a traitor would definitely do more harm than good.

Their coordination, their trust, their emotions, everything would be out of whack and open them to mistakes that could've been easily avoided or worse.

Cain was no fool to the growing tension between the team but it wasn't like he could do anything.

He'd been told to stay out of it and that was only there to be protected and watch the children. Bullshit.

He wasn't the type to just stand back and watch, he was the type to join in and participate even when you didn't want him to. Which is why he was walking to where they were.

When he arrived they all looked at him with confused expressions that he chose to ignore.

"It's clear that no one else wants to address the elephant in the room but since I have no ties to anyone on this team I'll just say it. One of you is a mole, supplying Tallone with countless amounts of information so she can be prepared for you."

Everyone looked towards the floor and said nothing as he continued.

"Now I don't care about why you're doing it and I could really care less about your mission but, my kids are involved and whoever's doing this is putting them at risk. So that leaves Hei and I out."

He pulled out a pair of dual pistols and aimed them at Yuki, Silver, and Laila.

"So...who wants to plead their case first?"

Kei toddled into the room and pulled on Hei's pants to get his attention.

"Mama pway wif me?"

Hei was too concerned with the fact that Cain was really aiming weapons at his team to even really pay attention to the boy.

"I...uh...play..hide and seek. Yeah do that."

Hei never took his eyes off the scene so of course he didn't notice Kei giggle before hiding underneath the coffee table.

"So no one wants to?"

Laila stepped towards him until both guns were touching her forehead.

"Take off the safety and pull the trigger."

"Safety was never on."

"Regardless, if you think I'm a traitor after everything that monster did to me then you can go right ahead and pull the fucking trigger."

Cain could see the determination, the steel in her eyes as she stared into the very core of his being. Laila definitely wasn't the traitor.

"Alright, you're good. Next!"

Silver and Yuki both looked at one another then back at Cain and pulled out their own guns.

"How do we know you're not the mole?"

"We don't know you that well so you could be the wolf in sheep's clothing waiting to strike when our guard is down."

"Well considering your leader trusts me, shouldn't the rest of you?"

"Hei's judgement has always been called into question when it comes to who his partners are. Just look at Ah-"

Yuki hit Silver over the back of the head with his gun before he could continue the sentence that would've most likely ended with him on the floor in a pool of blood.