Kuroi Kitsune

"Where?"

"You know where."

"Why?"

"You know why."

Hei slowly opened his eyes and found himself staring at his reflection.

The reflection wore the reverse of his wedding attire and and while Hei had long black hair, this reflection had snow white and evil smirk on his face.

He realized that they were in a blank room with a single couch and giant screen TV that was currently showing Rainn and her children screaming in agony while they burned to death, but there was no sound.

He didn't know why but he felt so indifferent towards the scene, like it didn't matter to him in the slightest even though he liked Rainn and her daughters.

"In a few seconds the flames will finish burning through the outer layer of their flesh and start melting their innards."

"Oh..."

"Do you feel nothing Hei?"

"I don't know."

"That's because of me. What you'd normally be feeling is a whole lot of anguish. Sadness. Rage. Hurt. Helplessness. I take that away from you."

"Oh."

"Your children. Your husband. Your friends. Your brother. All they do is bring you more hurt and pain.  Wouldn't you like that to end?"

"Of course...but how?"

"It's time you stop holding us back. Let me take the wheel for a bit. You just sit back, relax, and let me do all the work. And then you'll never have to deal with anything again. Just...watch."

"I...I don't..."

The reflection walked over to him and wrapped his arms around him and whispered in his ear.

"Sleep Hei. You look so tired."

"I am...tired."

"I'll take care of everything, just you watch."

"I..."

Hei soon found this world spinning him in a vortex of black and white and soon there was nothing but a void.

As he lay there floating aimlessly, he finally closed his eyes and let the darkness take him.

"I guess I'll sleep...for now."

"Good."

In the real world, Yuno stood over the smoldering remains of Rainn and her children while Haise and Kei sobbed into Silver's chest while he did his best to console them.

Cain began to stir back to consciousness and tried to sit up.

When he did, he found Hei sitting there on his knees with a blank expression on his face.

"Hei? Hei?!"

He looked toward where his husband's face was looking and saw the heap of black bones and burnt flesh. It made him wretch. That's when he saw Silver and the boys.

"Kei!! Haise!!"

"PAPA!!"

"DADA!!"

They tried to run over to him but found their path blocked by Yuno with her axe.

"Ah ah ah, not yet."