§ Cinderhiro §

Everyday was the same for Masahiro Setagawa.  He would wake up in his tiny room in the uppermost part of the house, his siblings called it the dirty attic room, in truth that's what it was.
    Soon after he had awoke he would only have a few seconds before his horrid stepfather yelled for him.  Masahiro always has to be downstairs to make and serve breakfast before starting to clean the entire house.
He only stopped cleaning when he made lunch or dinner, or when his stepfather and stepbrothers went out. Masahiro would sit in his own little corner and read.
Masahiro's stepfather one day gotten to the house early and saw Masahiro reading. He took all the books Masahiro owned and threw them in the fire place, he walked away laughing as Masahiro got on his knees and covered in cinders as he desperately tried to save at least one book. He turned around and laughed again as he said,
"A boy like you doesn't deserve to even know of fairytales, give up, they'll never come true for a boy like you." And with that he left.
Masahiro ignored the mans words and managed to save one book.
He took the book out of the fire and dusted it off, it covered him in more cinders. It was the book "The Tales Of Mother Goose". It was Masahiro's favorite book since it had fairytales in it he would sometimes imagine himself in.
He would sometimes laugh to himself at how silly it was to think he could be in a fairytale.
"If only." He has always thought.
The same day his stepfather had thrown Masahiro's books in the fire place, his stepbrothers had come home not long after and saw Masahiro on his knees covered in cinders clutching his book.
"Hey look Andy, Masahiro is all covered in cinders because he wanted to save his cheap book." His stepbrothers turned and laughed at him.
"I know Drew, since he's always covered in cinders let's call him... cinderhiro!" The two boys laughed at the new nickname they had given the poor boy, even though it wasn't really as clever as they thought it was.
Masahiro didn't care though, he was just glad he had his book, his favorite one, the most important one.
He ran upstairs to his small, cramped, room and sat down on the corner of his nearly broken bed.
He had already finished the cleaning early and he had time before he had to prepare dinner, so he opened up his book and read a few of the stories in it.
He started remembered when his mother would read these stories to him every night before he went to bed. That was before she had died; if it was possible Masahiro missed her even more when he read these stories.
"If only they would come true-"
"Masahiro! Come down here and go do the shopping! Get to the market before they run out of the good booze!"
"I'll be right down sir!"
Masahiro closed the book and hind it under his mattress.
He tied his apron around his waist, below his dirtied brown shirt with blue sleeves, and over his light brown knee-length pants.
He ran down the stairs and grabbed his basket and the grocery list. He went the front down and threw on his all black flat shoes.
He looked around once and noticed his stepbrothers were watching boys from the window and his stepfather was reading the paper.
"I really don't belong here, do I?"
He turned back around and left for the market.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~601 words~
~First off these chapters are going to be much shorter than the ones I usually write but that's just because I want the book to be longer, second welcome to a new (surprise surprise) Hitorijime My Hero book, but one twist, Cinderella Au!

~601 words~~First off these chapters are going to be much shorter than the ones I usually write but that's just because I want the book to be longer, second welcome to a new (surprise surprise) Hitorijime My Hero book, but one twist, Cinderella Au!

~Shipwhatever