§ I Should Have Known §

Drew ran upstairs and changed out of his stuffy suit onto a comfortable and casual outfit.
While Masahiro did the opposite, changing out of his everyday outfit into his handmade suit.
As he finished, Drew was already dressed and waiting at the bottom of the stairs. When he first saw Masahiro he couldn't help but smile.
"You look very handsome Masahiro."
He smiled back at him and reached the bottom of the stairs, standing in front of Drew.
"I think you look good in casual clothing." Masahiro commented.
"I think I like them better too. Unfortunately these are the only pairs of comfortable clothes I have." Just as Drew finished talking the doorbell rang.
Drew's eyes went wide thinking it was his father and Andy home very, very, early for some reason.
"It's okay it's not stepfather and Andy." Masahiro tried to calm him a little while walking to the door.
He opened it to reveal Daniel, the brewery owner. Daniel was holding a bouquet of white lilies; which just happened to be Drew's favorite flower.
"Danny!" Drew instantly brightened up and jumped into Daniel arms.
He spun him around a little before setting him back down.
"Good evening Drew, you look beautiful as always."
They started to talk, Drew obviously overjoyed that Daniel was here. Masahiro had told Daniel of what the two of them were planning and Daniel had decided he wanted to personally take Drew into town for their night together, Masahiro of course agreed.
"We should really get going now if all us don't want to be late. I can't see stepfather's carriage anymore so, I think we're okay to head out."
"Well then, after you." Daniel hooked his arm in Drew's and Masahiro was about to open the door when it opened on its own.
On the other side of the door was a very angry looking stepfather and stepbrother.
"Umm... hello?" Masahiro said trying hard not to seem as afraid as he really was.
Though when his stepfather took a step inside he quickly backed up to the side of Daniel and Drew. Daniel wrapped his free arm around Drew's back and held him a little tighter.
"What is this?" He demanded.
"Looks like Drew and the other one teamed up." Andy cooed from behind.
"Father... we... I-"
"Enough!" Drew flinched and sunk a little more into Daniel.
"I've heard enough for you, you little disgrace! I want you and that lowlife out of here!" Drew jumped this time backed up towards the doors and took Daniel with him. Just before they were out of the house Daniel turned back to them.
"I don't care what you call me, I've been called much worse, but ever call Drew anything again, I'll punch you into next year, asshole."
And with that both of them left heading towards town square.
Both his stepfather and brother were taken back by Daniel but Masahiro knew they kinda deserved it.
His stepfather shook off the comment and turned to Masahiro.
"I simply came back here to get our gift for the prince and I see you two scheming against me! Haven't I down enough or you! I guess not, here's a little more."
His stepfather stepped up to him and tore his suit. Masahiro froze before falling in onto his legs on the floor. He started to cry softly, he couldn't take it anymore.
Just as his stepfather started to calm down Masahiro stood up and bolted out of the door and into the woods.
Not really caring, Andy and his father went on with what they were doing. His stepfather just thought of this as getting rid of the bad kids and keeping the one good one, Andy.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~620 Words~
~I'm on a three hour road trip before vacation so hopefully I'll update a lot these next few days, see you then!~
~Shipwhatever