009. THE MAN IN YELLOW SUIT

Authors note:
Sorry for taking so long.
Song will be at the very end.

☆☆☆

THE FIRST OF EVERYTHING IN A PERSON'S LIFE IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT WILL STAY IN SOMEONE'S MIND FOR A LONG TIME. The first steps and first words will stay in a parent's memories for a long time. Bella could still remember the times where her mom would tell her the stories.

When Bella took her first steps was when her mother was on the sofa crying and Bella was at the other side of the room so she got up and waddled to her. Her mom lifted her head and saw her halfway walking towards her and her tears of sorrow and depression became tears of joy that can only be made by true happiness, not for themselves but for others.

Then her first word was something that broke her heart completely. Not because it was a bad word or because it was stupid, but more because it was something that she knew she couldn't give Bella.

"Dada." Spoke young Bella with drool in her mouth.

Her mother had turned around from her cooking and saw her own daughter saying Dada over and over again. At that moment Rosalinda De La Cruz, mother of Isabella De La Cruz, made a promise to find her daughter a father figure. But what she didn't know was that she wouldn't be alive to see the moment. Or any moment.

"There's only two boxes left." Said Joe, snapping Bella out of her flashback.

Her vision of that past changed to the present. Her, Joe and Barry in the living room decorating the tree. Joe was standing up hanging he ornaments, Barry handing them other to Barry and Bella was moving things so there wasn't a big mess

"You know, at this rate, we'll be finished by easter." Barry complaint dropping on the sofa with a sigh.

Feeling Barry's mood shift from a tired and worn out one to an excited one she turned her head to see Barry slowly smirking at them.

"Don't even," Joe warned.

Like every other time that someone even tried to tell Barry no he goes and does it. In one second the whole tree was decorated from the top to bottom and all the boxes were empty.

"Okay, the only red-suited dude I want in this house right now is Kris Kringle, you got it?" Joe asks giving Barry a look that even made Bella want to put the decorations away herself.

With a sigh and no complaint, Barry goes over and takes off all the ornaments and puts them back on their place. He sits down on the sofa with a defeated look.

"Uh, these ornaments are not gonna hang themselves," Iris said stepping out of the kitchen with a tray in hand, holding four mugs.

"Mm-hmm." Barry hummed slightly looking away.

"Grandma Esther's recipe Light on the bourbon." Iris handed out the mugs, "Except for you young lady. No drinking until twenty-one."

"It's not like I haven't drunk eggnog before." Shrugged Bella taking her mug from Iris.

Taking a sip ignoring the stares from the others she comes to realize that it wasn't the right drink.

"Which is why I know this one is not meant for me." She spoke giving it back to Iris who took a sip and with wide eyes handed it to Barry who pulled his own mug out for her.

"I cannot believe I just gave you eggnog." Mumbled Iris with a perplexed look on her face.

"Don't worry it's fine. Plus the first time I drank it I thought it was coffee." Explained Bella shaking her head, "First eggnog drink and this one will be the last."