023. FAST ENOUGH

☆☆☆

WHEN THE TEAM FOUND OUT ABOUT ANOTHER SPEEDSTER EXISTING, LIVING, HIDING IN THE SAME CITY AS THEM, ALL SORTS OF SCENES CROSSED THEIR MINDS. Each and every single one of them included Barry facing his enemy, a man who had haunted his life since the night Nora Allen died. In some of them, it was a man with normal clothes but a blurry face seeing as they didn't know who was behind the mask. It wasn't until the revelation of the Reverse-Flash, their enemy, being Harrison Wells, one of their own, did those thoughts start to disappear.

The team had their doubts, suspicions, and questions before accepting the truth, they needed answers and that is what they searched for. Until they found the answer.

Now, the vision had become a reality. They had the Reverse Flash in one of their metahuman cells. Barry, the scarlet speedster, protector of Central city and only other speedster stood on the other side of the glass.

The Reverse-Flash who even without his yellow mask still wore the identity of another person stared at Barry with a casualty and arms crossed, "What? No Big Belly Burger?"

From her place, behind the computer desk in the cortex of S.T.A.R Labs, Bella watched the live footage displayed on the screen in front of her with uncertainty, "Are you guys sure it's a good idea to let my father talk to him?"

From one side, Caitlin shrugged her shoulders not really having any idea herself before rubbing Bella's shoulder in comfort. Turning back to the screen, the whole team watched the footage giving glances at Bella's head for any reaction.

"You have questions." Wells, who was really Eobard Thawne continued talking, "Go ahead."

"Not sure where to start . . . Thawne." Barry started, pausing for a second to emphasize the true identity of the man behind the glass with his own crossed arms, "That is your real name Eobard Thawne."

"Since the day I was born." Eobard simply answered pacing the floor with his fully functionally legs as if to past the time.

"And when was that?" Barry asked.

"136 years from now." Eobard answered without hesitation, ending his pacing and looking directly at Barry, "That's not what you want to know."

From her place in a chair, Bella's hands fidgeted at her side as she clutched them into a fist to keep them calm, knowing what the man in the screen was talking about.

"Go ahead, Barry." Eobard pushed taking a step forward., "Ask it."

Barry gave in, "Why did you kill my mother and Rose?"

Bella stopped fidgeting and froze completely.

"Because I hate you." The man breathed out before clarifying himself with a wave of his arm, "Not you now. You years from now."

"In the future." Barry added.

"In the future. Yes." Eobard nodded, "We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another."

"Why? Wh-why were we enemies?" Barry quickly cut in and asked.

"It doesn't matter." Eobard answered turning to the wall behind him, his back towards Barry, resting an arm against it, "It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. Until I learned your secret. I learned your name. Barry Allen."

The way that man spoke her father's name as if he was taunting it, saying it for the first time, testing it out for the first time only made Bella feel goosebumps crawl up her arms. She could feel a group of eyes glancing at the back of her head but she refused to act on it, not now. She had grown up around people like Eobard Thawne to know that getting a reaction out of people is how he armed himself with. If he got a reaction out of someone, making them snap and make threats it meant that he hit a vulnerable spot for his enemy. Meaning a potential target for him, a weakness in his opponent.