Chapter 12: Finding Out

Alyssa:

I decide to take Jessica's advice and take a pregnancy test. I change my clothes and get an Uber. I waited outside for the Uber and it pulled up 2 minutes later. I get in the car.

"Where to miss?" The driver asked. "The nearest Walgreens." I replied. He nods and drives there. "I just have to run in quick. Can you wait out here?" I asked. "Yeah, no problem." He smiled.

I got out and walked in. I walked to where the pregnancy tests were and grab 3 Clearblue digital tests, because I want to be completely sure. I walked out after paying. I get back in the car and tell the driver to go back to where he picked me up and he nods.

Once we get there, I pay him and walk in the house. I walk to the bathroom, shut the door and lock it. I take one of the tests and look at the directions. I do as the directions say and wait the 3 minutes.

After that 3 minutes is up, I read the results.

Pregnant.

Maybe it's a fluke. I decide to try the second one. I do the same thing and then wait the 3 minutes. I look at the results after.

Pregnant.

At this point I'm getting nervous.

I take the third one, and do the same thing. After the 3 minutes is over, I look at the test.

Pregnant.

I AM FREAKING OUT.

I hide the tests in my backpack, along with the boxes. I sit on the bed with my laptop and start looking at how to tell Ryan. I'm so scared.

There's a store that sells Brewers stuff not too far from Ryan's place, like 3-4 blocks over. I walk over there, and buy a Brewers teddy bear and a baby jersey that says "daddy" and Ryan's number on the back then go back to his house after also buying a bag to put it in. By this time it's 12:56. The game is about to start. I turn it on and put the bear and jersey in the bag and I put it next to the bed.

I can't believe I'm pregnant. Wow.

The game gets over around 4 pm. I fell asleep during the 5th inning tho. I'm tired as fuck.

I feel someone shake me. "Alyssa." I hear. I open my eyes to see Ryan. "Hey beautiful." He said. "Hey." I smiled at him.

I give myself 5 minutes to wake up. "Ryan?" I say. "Yes princess?" He replied. "I got something for you." I tell him. "Oh yeah? What's that?" He asked. I grab the bag and hand it to him.

Ryan:

I open up the bag and there's a Brewers teddy bear and a Brewers jersey. I take the bear out and the jersey.

"Why is there a tiny jersey?" I asked Alyssa. "That's for you to figure out." She tells me. "I'll give you a hint though, turn it over."

I turned it over and it said "DADDY" on the back with my number. My eyes go wide. Is she...pregnant?!

"Alyssa?" I say to her. "Yes?" She looked at me. "Are you pregnant?" I ask. She nods, "Yes."

I pull her close to me and kiss her. "That's amazing!"

Holy shit I'm gonna be a dad. Holy. Shit.

My girl is pregnant with my child. Then I realized, we haven't even been on an official date yet. I guess this taking it slow thing isn't gonna work out, but oh well. A baby is really important.

"Alyssa? Can I ask you something?" I say. "Yeah." She lays her head on my chest. "Will you be my girlfriend, officially?" I asked. She looked up at me and smiled. "Yes." I kissed her and she kissed back.

A/N: There you have it! Baby Braun due up to the plate, 2019!