Chapter Three

Chapter Three

April's P.O.V:

I set up some candles in the bedroom but I didn't light them because I had to get Taylor from school. I quickly slipped on some converses and headed out. I drove slowly to Taylor's school, thinking about Jaden...I've never met a celebrity before, especially one that I used to drool over as a teenager, when I was fifteen he used to star in a teenage drama called 'Trouble in Paradise' I never missed an episode.

I parked up outside the school and waited until the bell rung, when it did, Taylor came running out and when he saw me, he clambered into the back seat and buckled his seat belt. I turned around and smiled at him.

'How was your day honey?' I asked, starting the engine. It rattled a bit but then continued. This car is second hand, most of Blake's first pay check as an executive was spent on his expensive Volvo and I got a second hand BMW that sounded like a cow bell when ever I turned it on but the point was it got me from point a to point b without any trouble so I didn't mind.

'It was awesome, Misa and me made a finger painting picture but it was too wet so we couldn't bring it home' Taylor exclaimed. 'Mommy, can I have my DS, now?' I laughed and nodded, I stopped at a traffic light and rummaged through my bag and handed Taylor the DS. There's so much traffic on the road, maybe I'll take a shortcut.

'Honey, it might take us a while to get home because there are lots of cars on the road today' I said to Taylor who mumbled a yes and continued to play his game.

We'd been in the car for a full hour now and Taylor was fast asleep, and I was only five minutes away from Taylor's school so I didn't really get far. My bag began to make vibrating sounds; it startled me at first because Blake didn't tell me he put a phone in my bag. I picked it up and answered it, knowing who it was.

'Where the fuck are you, April?' Blake demanded, he sounded extremely drunk.

'Honey, I'm stuck in traffic and the car's giving me problems...Taylor's sleeping-'I was cut off by Blake's yelling.

'I don't give a shit about that stupid kid, I just care about you getting home in time so that Taylor can go to the movies with Mandy and I can get what I want' Blake slurred. Nobody calls my kid stupid; I grimaced and hung up the phone when he was in the middle of a sentence.

I know I shouldn't have done that but Blake crossed the line by calling Taylor...his own child stupid. Tears streamed down my face as I tried my best to get home quickly, I turned down a road that was a short cut, thank God there were no cars down this road...I can get home quickly.

The car started making rattling noises again; I pulled over and switched off the engine. Smoke was coming out of the bonnet...this can't be happening. I came out of the car and lifted the bonnet, smoke slammed into my face. I quickly turned my face away and fanned the smoke away.

I left the bonnet open and got my phone and dialed Blake's number; he picked up on the second ring.

'What now?' Blake snapped.

'Blake I need you to pick me up...the car's broken down and I think it's gonna rain' I sighed, scratching my head and looking up at the dark clouds.

'And that's supposed to be my problem...because?' Blake sneered. 'Stop lying and hurry home'

I was going to say something else but he hung up, I groaned and put the phone back in my bag.

I closed the bonnet.

I got two blankets out from the boot and covered Taylor with one of them and hopped into the driver's seat and covered myself up. I guess I could spend the night in a car.