Chapter Twenty.

I am going away for a while But I'll be back, don't try and follow me 'Cause I'll return as soon as possible See I'm trying to find my place But it might not be here where I feel safe We all learn to make mistakes.

                                                                 --Paramore, Misguided Ghosts. 

Chapter Twenty:

April’s Point Of View:

I didn’t want Blake knowing that I was gone so, we took the bus there instead of driving my car-It’s a big house so it’ll take him a while to look for me-Emily explained everything to me on the way, all his injuries, his behavior when ever she questioned who done it or mentioned my name. I started to wonder if Emily knows that Blake stabbed Jaden, if she did know then she would’ve come to my house to start something but I don’t think she knows because she’s acting so calm and serene. When we arrived at the hospital there were tents from where fans were camping out and people from the news-also the paparazzi-When someone saw me, people started shouting my name, how they knew I had no idea. Suddenly the memory of the magazine article about me and Jaden popped into my memory.

‘April!-What’s the relationship between you and Jaden Moon?’ One reporter demanded, shoving a recorder in my face and waving her hand for her cameraman to come over. Emily stepped in front of me and pushed me aside.

‘No comment!’ Emily snapped and lowered her voice to talk to me. ‘That’s what you say when you don’t want to answer a question, got it?’ I nodded quickly and Emily tugged on my hand and pulled me into the hospital. I haven’t been in the hospital since Taylor was born; I’d forgotten how it smelled or antibiotics and how safe I felt when I was in there.

‘We’re here to see my brother, Jaden Moon’ Emily said to the receptionist, she nodded and wrote our names down, we signed it and Emily lead the way to Jaden’s room. I began to contemplate on whether this was the right thing I was doing or not-I mean I loved Jaden-But what would Taylor say about this, what if he prefers his father over Jaden?

‘Emily…I don’t think I’m ready for this’ I whispered to Emily when we reached the ward that Jaden was in. ‘You go on without me…’ Emily gaped at me and shook her head.

‘You two are unbelievable!’ Emily shrieked. ‘You say you love each other but you won’t push the past behind and talk to each other.

I hated to admit it but she was right, I nodded and continued walking again. I turned around to face Emily again who shoved me in the right direction, she told me to wait outside while she goes to talk to him. I closed my eyes and braced myself, What if he didn’t want to see me? Emily came back out the room again, a stressed look on her face.

‘He’s not in there-‘Emily looked at something behind me, I was scared to turn around. Emily jerked her chin at me and nodded slowly. She started miming, saying words that I couldn’t figure out, she shrugged and made a stern look.

‘Emily, who are you talking to-‘I turned around to see that she was talking to Jaden, he stopped miming and his eyes set on me. I just noticed that the nurses at the ward desk had stopped what they were doing to see what was going on, the whole ward was in silence.

‘Oh, would you two just get in here!’ Emily hissed, pulling me into Jaden’s room. Jaden closed the door behind him and the blinds so that the nurses wouldn’t see what was going on.

‘I told you not to bring her here!’ Jaden hissed, in a low tone.

‘I made her take me to you, Jaden’ I said, looking at Jaden who was sitting on the bed.

‘Exactly, so don’t point your antibiotic finger at me!’ Emily snapped, sitting in the corner and putting her earphones in her ears. ‘You better resolve this-Because you’re not leaving until you do’ Emily added to me. I nodded slowly.

‘How’ve you been?’ Jaden asked. ‘I mean, did he do anything to do after…’

‘No…’ I lied; Blake had dragged me out the car by my hair and raped me. ‘Believe me; I wanted him to kill me’

Jaden stood up and crossed the room to get to me. ‘Why would you want him to do that?’

‘Because I thought you were dead!’ I shrieked. ‘I didn’t want to be here anymore; If Taylor wasn’t here-then I would’ve been gone’

‘You should’ve hoped, April you don’t know how worried I was for you-I thought he actually did kill you’ Jaden sighed, stroking my cheek.

‘No, he wouldn’t-He’d been cheating on me too, he brought his whore Scarlett home and now she’s living with us, And he’s treating me like a slave’ I cried, burying my face in Jaden’s shoulder, breathing in so I can take in his scent.

‘Divorce him, April-Why are you letting him do this to you?’ Jaden said, bringing me over to the bed and sitting me down. ‘Divorce him and we’ll go away somewhere, all four of us’

I huffed. ‘I think you might have to add one more to that amount’ I sniffled and looked up into Jaden’s eyes. ‘As much as I want to go away with you-I can’t-Blake’s parents and my parents came to an agreement that if I marry Blake, they’d give them hundred thousand to keep the candy store open…so now there’s no way out’

‘We’ll find a way’ Jaden said, sounding determined. ‘You’re pregnant?’ I sighed and nodded, I wanted to tell him that it was his, but I didn’t even know myself it was between him and Blake. Sometimes at night I’d pray to God that it’s not Blake’s-despite the fact that I know where I’m going isn’t heaven after what I’ve done.

‘Yes, But I don’t know who the father is-You or Blake…’ I explained. ‘Blake knows that I’m pregnant so he won’t be hitting me anymore’

‘Wait here…’ Jaden said to me, before leaving the room. ‘I’ll be right back’  

I waited for Jaden to get back. I looked around his room, it was simple but still luxury-he had a television, about five pillows on his bed, the warmest room and the best view from the window of the park.

I watched Emily amusingly as she tapped her foot and bobbed her head to a song she was listening to, I snickered. Jaden returned with a doctor who had a clipboard in his hand.

‘What’s going on?’ I asked, Emily took her earphones out of her ears. ‘Is there something wrong?’

‘Nothing’s wrong…’ Jaden smiled, taking my hand. ‘My friend Darren, is a really good doctor’

‘I don’t get you…’ I said to Jaden. ‘I don’t need a doctor’

‘Ma’am, in order to take a paternity test-you’ll need a doctor-Jaden and I are friends from school and I can assure you that the results or your current condition will remain in here’ Darren tapped his head and continued. ‘If you come with me now, we can take the test and then you come back in a two weeks to get the results’

‘It’s better now than never…’ Jaden smiled. ‘I’d come with you but I have to stay on the ward…doctor’s orders-you’ll be fine’ Jaden kissed the side of my head and turned to the doctor. ‘Take care of her; she’s very important to me’

Darren nodded and held the door open for me; I followed him down the hall. This is it, I’m only a couple doors away from finding out the truth.