Trouble

Chapter 2: Trouble

"Aight 8, We're off to work!" Pearl says.

"If you decide to head out, make sure to lock door." Marina reminded.

"Ok! Have a good day!" Sky quickly hugged two before they head out the door.

8 sat in the couch and began to play some video game that Pearl had gotten her into.

After 30 minutes, she began to get bored. Putting the game away, she watched TV.

She flipped the channels and came across Pearl and Marina announcing the stages.

"Y'all know what time it is!

"It's Off The Hook, coming at you live from Inkopolis Square!"

She watched the two with a smile.

They took care of her after all that trouble down in the subway. She personally saw the two as her parents, though she will never say that to them, since she didn't want them to feel weird and Akward.

As the stages began to appear, 8 found herself becoming restless.

She gets up from the couch and puts on her shoes. Grabbing the house keys, she heads out the door, locking it since she remember what Marina said before they left.

The sky was nice and blue with small clouds. She admired the sky for a moment before heading into the Square.

The square was packed with Inklings since a Splatfest was coming up soon, which made 8 kinda nervous since she didn't like being in such a large crowd.

She walked over to where Crusty Sean's little truck was, deciding to buy herself a drink. Pearl had left money for her before they had left.

"Ah what can I get ya today?" He greeted.

"Hm, I'll take a.... Dr.Inker! 8 ordered.

"Ok, be back with your order in a sec.

Moments later, he comes back with her drink.

"Here ya go!"

8 thanks him and gave the right amount of coins and walked away.

She looks at her watch.

'I still have plenty of time before they get off work. I'll do a couple turf war matches I guess.'

She rushed back home to gather her gear and goes to the lobby.

When she entered the waiting room, 3 Inklings looked at her in disgust but she paid no attention to them.

The match started and they were inking the turf. The 3 Inklings happened to be on her team. At the end of the match, they had lost 34.6% to 54.4%.

"Man... We would have won if it wasn't for that Octoling over there." One of them whispered to his friend.

"Ye.. let's hope she doesn't end up on our team again next match."

She heard them well and was a little upset but countinued to play anyway.

The next round came and 8 was placed on the opposite team from the 3 Inklings this time.

During this round, 8 had been inking some untouched area when she sudden heard something behind her.

Spinning quickly, she held up her Octobrush and began to swing ink everywhere.

Moments later, she felt her brush hit someone, and began hitting that spot over and over again until the person was splatted.

Sighing, she countinued to Ink the area