Comfort

Chapter 9: Comfort

"Thanks for playing some rounds in Turf Sky!" Pearl said as they made their way inside the mansion.

"You're welcome mom! It was fun!" Said the agent.

They make their way to the living room to find the DJ sitting on the couch, with a upset look.

Pearl immediately made her way to her girlfriend and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, whats wrong Rina?"

Sky looked at her taller mom with a concerned looked.

Marina didn't say anything but shook her head before getting up to walk into her and Pearl's room.

Pearl and Sky watched her retreating form.

"Is mommy okay?" 8 asked, looking at her other mom. (Sky calls Marina mommy and Pearl just mom; only for this chapter though...unless you guys prefer this lol)

"I don't know, this isn't like her at all.." Pearl said, concerned for her girlfriend. "I'll go speak to her, be back kiddo."

She watched as her other mom walks away.

She sure hopes Marina is okay.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pearl slowly enters the room. It was kinda dark since only the lamp light was on.

Marina sat the opposite way of the door, looking at her hands.

"Marina?" She softly called out.

The Octoling just looked at her but then back down to her hands.

Pearl made her way to the DJ and Sat besides her.

"What's wrong?" Pearl wrapped her arms around her waist, pulling her closer. "Please tell me.."

Marina sighed sadly before looking at the small idol. "I'm just really upset and disappointed in myself right now..."

"Why?"

"Well since I was a Elite Octarian Engineer, and you know... Built a lot of weapons for them. I was talking with some Octoling' and they told me some stuff they did with my inventions. Octavio and the other engineers made my inventions more deadly than they already were." Marina said.

"And those inventions had harmed many inklings and even other Octoling.... That makes me feel really upset and disappointed in myself. Like Cap'n Cuttlefish said about the Flooder... That was one of my best inventions, and it had splatted Agent 3 more times than he can count..." She countinued.

"Mar... none of that is your fault." Pearl replied, placing an hand on her cheek.

"How is it not my fault Pearl?! I created those awful things with my two bare hands! The Octoshot, I did a lot of work on that weapon and it harmed Sky down in the subway! Even when I leave the Octarian army, I still manage to harm people!" She snapped as she moved out of Pearl's arms, tears falling.

Pearl eyes went wide as she snapped.

Marina realizes her mistake. "I'm... Sorry Pearlie, I didn't mean to shout at you.. I just need some time to think that all. She says, wiping her tears.

" It's alright, Mar, I'll be back." Pearl says, giving the Octoling a kiss on the cheek.

Pearl stood up and headed out the door.

Sky, who had been listening to the whole conversation, wanted to go in and tell her mom that it was okay and she didn't need to blame herself.

Pearl looked at Sky, and mentioned her to come inside the room.

Sky did so and walked over to her tall mom.

She sat besides the tall idol. "Mommy?"

Marina looked at the small Octoling and forced a smile. "Hey Sky..."

"Mommy Please don't blame yourself for those things. I hate seeing you sad..."

"Oh you heard... I can't help but blame myself though... I built those things myself and it harmed people. It even harmed you..."

"Those inventions may have harmed me and other, but it also brought good as well." Sky said.

Marina looked at Sky in confusion.

"The Octoshot, I helped me get through the rest of the phases in the subway, helped 3 come to her sense, and saved the world from TarTar!"

"Even the Flooder! It helped me get across high stages in some of the sections. I'm sure it helped 3 and 4 too!"

Marina still wasn't convinced. "That may be so but what about the other ones, I'm sure they didn't do any good for people."

Sky shook her head. "That doesn't matter. Those inventions were improved and worked on by Octavio now so really it's his fault, not your fault.

The engineer took in Sky's words and realized she was right. The design and function may be her idea of the invention but since it was modified, it had been carried on to someone else.

" You're right Sky! I think I feel a whole lot better about it now!" Marina exclaimed, showing a real smile.

Sky hugged her mom tightly. When they released each other, Marina went up to the rapper, who watched the octolings with a grin and gave her a huge hug as well. "Thank you as well Pearlie!"

"No problem! Always glad to help my girl!" Pearl replied.

The 3 of them walked into the living room. "Who's up for some Super Maguro Oddessy? Pearl said, turning on the game.

"I'm good, you two can go on and play." Sky said.

"Ok suit yourself! I call Maguro!" Pearl said to the taller idol.

"Hey no fair, you were him last time!"

Sky watched as her two parents bicker over who's who and laughed.
-----------------------------------------------------------

That's all for this chapter! I was thinking how Marina would react if she found out how her inventions were being used

As we know these Flooders are darn right evil ._. Why did ya have to make those Marina.....

Anyway hope ya enjoy this and see ya next time!