Little Mission

Chapter 12:  Little Mission

Note: sorry if updates are coming out slow. It takes time to figure out how to write out these chapters XD. Also I just want to make it clear that in all my short story books, no chapter is related to another unless its a multi part thing.

"Anyone home?" Sky called out as she walked through the door.

No response. Sky shrugged and walked over to the couch and sat down. She looked at the time and realized that it was time for the stage rotations. She turned on the TV and watched as Off The Hook's intro came on.

"Y'all know what time it is!"

"It's Off The Hook coming at you LIVE from Inkopolis Square!"

Their shows were the same each time but Sky loved it.

As she watched, she couldn't help but notice the amount of inklings and Octolings outside of their window. The young agent wasn't so sure why her moms were really popular.

Yeah, they do the news every rotation but there are other broadcasters that do the same but aren't nearly as popular as Pearl and Marina.

Do they own some sort of popular brand? Or book?

"Until next time... Don't get Cooked, Stay Off The Hook!"

She was so caught up in her thoughts that the show had ended.

Maybe I should do some research... She thought as she grabbed Marina's laptop.

Once she turned it on, she searched up 'Pearl'. The results didn't show her smol mom at all! Just these tiny white balls that go around your neck.

Sky didn't recall the inkling telling her, her last name so she gave up on that.

Next, she searched up 'Marina Ida' and her results were... Interesting.

Agent 8's face heated up as she scrolled through the images. (Poor Sky XD)

It got to the point where she quickly closed the tab and slammed the computer shut.

Welp using the internet is out the book... Maybe I should ask them when they get back.

At that thought, she pushed away any thoughts relating to her mission as she begins to relax, while humming a tune, that was sung after the battle against TarTar.

Wonder who sang that? Would love to meet them one day... Was her last thought, as she fell asleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------

She woke up to muffled voices coming from the Hallway.

"Ack- stupid voice crack..."

"It's okay Pearlie, it happens. Lets try again."

Sky hops off the couch and heads down the hall.

She comes to a stop and looks at the door, which was where the noise had came from.

She was a little hesitant as she recalls last time she had just barge into a room, she had seen things, She wished she hadn't seen.... The image of Pearl bathing in endless amount of Mayo, was glued to her mind.

Slowly opening the door, she spots some tables that had a lot of buttons. In front of the tables was a see through room, which held the two idols.

What are they doing? Sky thought to herself as she watched them.

"Ok, wanna have one last go?" She heard Marina ask.

"Ye, let's do this right this time!" Pearl said.

Marina pressed some button on her laptop and music came out of it.

The music was really good! It had Sky tapping her foot along the beat.

When she heard the taller idol singing, she froze. She heard this song before! It was playing while she was inking the giant statue!

She didn't realize it was her parents that sang those songs, while battling Tartar because she was so caught up in trying to save the world.

So they're the ones who sang back there... Wait is this why they're famous?

When the inkling joined in, it sounded... Just perfect.

The young Octoling was so lost in the music, that she didn't realize the two had stopped singing and were looking at her in surprise.

"Sky? We didn't wake you did we?" Marina asked as she and Pearl pulled off the headphones and walked up to her.

"Kinda. But nevermind about that. I didn't know you two sing!" Sky exclaimed. "I've been trying to figure out who were the ones singing, during and after the battle with Tartar!"

"Well Mar is the singer, I do raps mostly. Anyway, we're famous for doing songs for splatfest and live shows! Pearl briefly explained.

" That's right! And I can see why you didn't know at first. You were mostly focused on beating Tartar."

"Now it makes sense now! I've been also trying to figure out why you two were so famous for a while now! I even tried looking on the internet but... It showed me things that I rather not say." Sky said, referring to the Marina pics.

"What was bad about?" Marina asked curiously.

"N-Nothing, just shocked me that's all!" The young Octoling said nervously.

Pearl seemed to catch on what Sky was talking about and laughed as she pulled the two Octos towards the living room.  "Come on, let's go play some Inkopoly or Uno! I'm bored!"
-----------------------------------------------------------