Feelings

Chapter 16: Feelings

Sky laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling as she thinks about a certain inkling.

Does she feel the same way? What if she doesn't? What if she hates me when I tell her...

The small Octoling clenches her fist. Why is this so difficult!

Groaning, she rolls over but ends up falling off the bed.

When she had landed, her lower back had landed on something, which caused pain to flare up.

Sky holds down a cry as she placed her hand over her mouth.

She takes in deep breaths and waits for the pain to go away as she lays on the ground.

You let the 8-ball fall, Test Failed

You stepped in Enemy ink, Test Failed

You ran out of time, Test Failed

Test failed, Test Failed, Test Failed, Test Failed

Sky let out a whimper as the words repeat in her head. They keep getting louder and louder each time!

Sky began hitting her head against the floor, hoping that'll stop the voices. The small Octoling felt her head begin hurt as her vision started to black out slightly.

When they had stopped, Sky stopped hitting her head and allowed her tears of pain and dismay to fall silently.
---------------------------------------------------------

"Ayo Sky, We're back!" Pearl called out as her and Marina steps in the house.

When there was no response, the idols looked at one another.

"Maybe she's asleep? It's pretty late." Marina said.

"Probably. I'm gonna catch some z's too I guess." Pearl replied, planting a kiss on Marina's cheek before heading to their room.

Marina walked down the hall to Sky's room to see that it was wide open. She peeked through and saw the small Octoling laying on the floor, sleeping quietly.

Why is she on the floor....

Marina pulled back the blankets and gently scooped the Octoling up, placing her in bed.

Marina frowned when Sky had flinched when Marina had removed her arm from underneath Sky's back.

Marina also took note that Sky had dry tear stains on her cheeks.

I'll ask her what happened in the morning... Marina thought, as she walked to her and Pearl's bedroom.

She opened the door to see Pearl on the bed, scrolling through social media.

Pearl looks up from her phone. "Was the kiddo awake?"

"No...something was wrong though." Marina said, taking a seat on the bed.

"What happened? She sick or something?" Pearl asked, her eyes filled with concern.

"I don't know. She had tear stains on her face and she had flinched badly when I removed my arm from her back." Marina said, taking her boots off. "I'm gonna ask her what happened in the morning.

"I swear if 3 had said something to her..." Pearl trailed off.

"I don't think it was Tera Pearlie." Marina replied. She stands up to remove her signature top, leaving her topless

Facing away from Pearl, Marina digs through her drawer. "Besides you see how Tera treats her. It's hard to say, they are just friends you know?"

When she heard no response, she looks over her shoulder. "Pearl?"