It was worth it

Chapter 18: It was worth it

Important AN at the end

Sky has been on the surface for a whole year now. Today was the day she had met the most important people of her life and saved their...her city from that telephone.

She and Tera had been dating for several months now and she couldn't be happier.

A few months ago, Sky had decided it was time to leave the nest and live with her girlfriend. Her moms were against it at first but soon understood. She still laughs at how they reacted when she first announced her plan

"Tall mom? Short mom? I want to move in with Tera." She had said.

Pearl had dropped her phone, her golden eyes bulging out of her skull, as she stares at Sky. Unfortunately, Marina had been drinking water and began choking on the liquid.

"WHAT?!" They both shouted.

Good memories...

She hasn't seen them in a good while. They have been going to tours and stuff, making it hard to contact them. Their contract for Inkopolis News was due next month.  Cod, she missed them.

Sky sat on the couch watching some TV show that Tera showed her. It was around noon so Tera should be-

"Morning Kitten."

Eight smiled as Tera wrapped her arms around the Octoling's neck, placing small kisses.

"Good afternoon."

"How's the Sky lookin'?" She asked, sitting down on the couch. "Is she looking beautiful or beautiful?"

Sky rolled her eyes at the joke. "She's looking great. Her girlfriend is looking Tera-ble today though." She said, while smirking.

Tera raised an eyebrow as she crosses her arms. "Oh? Is that what we're doing?"

"I guess so." Sky replied.

Without warning, Tera launched at Sky and started tickling her sides.

"S-Stop T-Tera!" Sky began laughing.

"Not until you give me what I want."

Sky grabbed her hands and pulled Tera down, kissing her deeply.

She pulled apart shortly and smiled. "Now am I granted my freedom?"

Tera blushed. "Of course hehe." She pulled away completely. "I need you to go get ready because I wanna show ya something."

Sky smiled and kissed her cheek, before getting up to get ready.
---------------------------------------------------------

"So uh why are we going to the Cuttlefish cabin?" Sky asked as they near the kettle.

"You'll see." Three replied. They stand by the kettle. "Ladies first."

"Okay " Sky continues to wait.

"Well aren't you going to go in?" Tera asked.

"Yeah but you said ladies first." Sky giggled. "We're both ladies either way."

Three groaned. "Fine. Numbers first."

"Hmm does 3 come before 8 or is it the other way around?" Sky playfully asked.

Three's ears turned pink. She mumbled something under her breath before dropping into the kettle. Sky giggles and does the same.
---------------------------------------------------------

They emerge from the kettle and Sky smiled as she scans the area. She spots the Squid sisters, Capt Cuttlefish, Rico, Kakoshi, and most importantly her moms.